Train her puppy?

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
So I get a phone call earlier from my loving sister :rolleyes: . She was telling me how unprepared she was for a puppy and so on and so forth. She was telling me how she was unsure if she could handle this. She has owned Snow Ball (Her Alaskan Klee Kai) for alittle over a month and still has made NO progress in any kind of training whatsoever.

At first she was hinting at me taking her puppy. First off I do not like the breed the pup is it just kind of in all truth freaks me out. So I told my sister right off that I don't want anouther dog especially not a small dog or a puppy got enough puppies around here to raise.

So we talked and talked and she really doesent want this puppy and all. So I offered this. I will take the pup for some time im unsure how long and work with her obedience and such. This won't happen until Shadys pups are weaned and i have more time on my hands.

The fun

gapeach

Big Mutts
Sorry to hear you have an added responsiblitly thanks to your sister but glad you'll do it for her so she doesn't just give her away.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Wow. I don't blame you..klee kais kind of freak me out too. They just look wrong to me. Good luck on your training! But I do suggest to train your sister too. There's no point training the pup if she won't carry on the training throughout the week.

Fran27

Jee I don't know. If she's not willing to put in any effort now, she won't later either, and you won't be able to teach her everything either.

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
um...can I have the pup?! PUH-LEASE?! I have wanted one of those guys since I saw them :D Oh, and your sister sounds llike a real winner. :rolleyes: It's people like her that are the reason shelters are so full of unwanted pups. Sigh. I'm gonna turn into the crazy dog lady. I can feel it in my bones. Good luck helping her train the dog. Maybe she'll apologize for being such a dink?

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
Love4Pits said:
So I get a phone call earlier from my loving sister :rolleyes: . She was telling me how unprepared she was for a puppy and so on and so forth. She was telling me how she was unsure if she could handle this. She has owned Snow Ball (Her Alaskan Klee Kai) for alittle over a month and still has made NO progress in any kind of training whatsoever.

At first she was hinting at me taking her puppy. First off I do not like the breed the pup is it just kind of in all truth freaks me out. So I told my sister right off that I don't want anouther dog especially not a small dog or a puppy got enough puppies around here to raise.

So we talked and talked and she really doesent want this puppy and all. So I offered this. I will take the pup for some time im unsure how long and work with her obedience and such. This won't happen until Shadys pups are weaned and i have more time on my hands.

The fun
I remember how you made a post about how your sister sent a nasty email to you about how she was going to get an Alaskan Klee Klai and that she doesn't care what you say, that she didn't need your help, and yadda yadda yadda.

And I also remember you mentioned that she would probably end up calling you begging for advice... lookie lookie.

If I was in that position, I wouldn't help at all.

Ash47

Taco Dog
I'm not familiar with the breed. But, at least you were able to find it in your heart to take the pup in.

yoko

i know i'm in the minority... but if she is really thinking of giving it away and were you and i could afford it. i'd take it in and train it. then when it's trained up... or even just a little you could start looking for a home for it where they'll really appriciate it. because right now it's not in one and if she gives it away it sounds like it'd be to a random person or to a pound.

nedim

Sorry you gotta go through this L4P, sisters can be such nuisances, cant they? If it was me, I'd just try to re-home the pup with someone who has patience and possibly some background info with dogs. If nothing more, then for the sake of the dog. Its not it's fault that it got adopted by an irresponsible owner. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.