cut paw pad

Any advise for treating a cut paw pad??

So far I've only used a little neurosporin,,,didn't even try to bandage it tho.

bubbatd

I had so many cut pads it wasn't funny !! One had to be stitched but the rest I kept clean and put on a sock . I learned from my cancer removals to clean with peroxide and add Vaseline . It has to heal from the inside out .

Thanx Grammy, I'll try that tonight, hopefully he'll keep the sock on, might try taping the top...It's happened to my Chessy before and as I recall it healed,but left an open scar.
I'm sure it was from broken glass :( .

bubbatd

Mine were always fron broken glass in the creek on our property . Yes, A high sock and tape /// not too tight though and check twice a day !

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I took Kerri (Dekka on here) her Kaiden home for a week and a bit. First day I had him he managed to run the skin of his front paw pads-the one towards the ankle right off. It was horribly painful and he worried at it.

I soaked his paws in a light sea salt solution, put a cream I had for cracked paws on it and vet wrapped both ankles. In 3-4 days they looked good, skin was regenerating, and he wasn't acting lame.

I felt awfully bad.

Sage kind of likes his new sock and he is acting proud like an old veteran,,I expected him to chew it off,but he seems to know it is helping him.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
THat's why i know keep superglue gel in my first aid kit. WHen Victor cut his Renee said put superglue gel on it and i was nervous about it so i drove him to the vet who tried to do exactly that but too much time had elapsed and the swelling made it impossibe so it had to heal the long way. THe vet said it coudlnt' be stitched because the stitches would only pull right out of the pad because if it's structure. GLad he is wearing his sock like a pro. Hope he leaves it on.

bubbatd

Great news !!! Mine were so good about bandages and socks ! Almost showed them off to the other dogs that they were special ! And they were !

King sliced his pad on something, I have no idea what, and it was the middle of the night, so I got the "new skin" stuff out, and glued it together, and put his cone on. He wasn't one bit happy, but the vet said it looked good, just let it heal up a few days and it was fine. It took 4 days to heal up to the point the cut was barely visible anymore. I have some of that new skin liquid bandage in the house all the time now. Worked great when I sliced my thumb working on an old radio. A few days and the cut was gone.

Members online

No members online now.