The Venting Thread

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I keep starting this post and then stopping writing it.

Sales at the company I work for are abysmal. There is very real concern about how long the business can sustain.

This gives me very real concern about how long my mortgage can sustain.

I have a horrible, sinking feeling I am going to be out a job soon. And I don't know what to do about it. I'm not in a position where I can just go work retail just to have a job because it will not pay enough. Obviously if it comes to that ANY job is better than no job, but I would like to not be out of a job at all. I've only found one job worth applying for and have sent in my info, and I know somebody who works at the company so I'm hoping she might at least be able to swing me an interview. But otherwise it's just as dry as when I was at the radio station trying to find something.
My options are receptionist positions which are highly competitive since just about anybody can do them and will result in a pay cut to the tune of my mortgage payment... or... I don't even know what else. I'm not a health care professional so I can't apply for any of those jobs. I don't care to learn how to drive a semi because that idea terrifies me. There's just nothing else here.

Clearly I made a mistake in not just picking up and moving to Chicago or Indianapolis and trying to get a job there. I bought a house here, so now I'm stuck. I have no more money. All of my money went into the house, which is in pieces, so I can't even sell it and get my money back.

I have no idea what to do. It's starting to affect my sleep again. Last night I felt sick to my stomach while going to bed and I kept waking up throughout the night.
Big hugs Beanie. :( I'm in a not-similar-but-same-feelings boat and am here if you want to talk.

On that note... my house listed officially today. I need all the vibes that it sells and closes fast because paying for two houses has me this close to being in a hole and I'm slowly losing my grip on the whole situation.

adojrts

Well it appears that the wound is the result of a kick from another horse. Wound is looking awesome but the hard and hot inflammation to the lower hock now has me worried. Hate hard blows to a joint, so much trouble could be brewing there :(

Started a funnel wrap with cold water and crushed ice this morning, then poultice (not over the wound but the hock), then DMSO once I get the heat out. Called the vet and waiting for a call back, I see xrays in her near future.
Bloody hell, wound no big deal, this however...........

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
Well it appears that the wound is the result of a kick from another horse. Wound is looking awesome but the hard and hot inflammation to the lower hock now has me worried. Hate hard blows to a joint, so much trouble could be brewing there :(

Started a funnel wrap with cold water and crushed ice this morning, then poultice (not over the wound but the hock), then DMSO once I get the heat out. Called the vet and waiting for a call back, I see xrays in her near future.
I think the only part I don't miss about horse ownership is dealing with lameness, etc. I still remember the day Indie somehow managed to injure her hind right leg. It was about the size of a stovepipe, and my instructor had her turned out in the small pasture by herself to try and encourage movement until I arrived... but when leading her to the hose, Indie's nostrils were flared and she was three legged lame. I was worried sick that she could've possibly contracted cellulitis so, we ended up calling the vet, just to be certain, but after a week of cold hosing and sweating it with DMSO, it cleared up. She was also on antibiotics just to be safe. No puncture wound, but the DMSO helped a lot with it. The leg ended up looking better than it did before she hurt her leg.

Sending vibes that you're able to get the leg healed and keep the swelling down to help avoid the development of any joint problems.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!

Have you tried what we call a " furisone sweat" (spelling??? The stuff in the black tub with the green cap) we use rolled cotton, then wrap it with plastic wrap (the cling stuff that comes in a roll) then cover with quilts, then standing wraps ... Not sure how it would effect the puncture, but it only would be left on during the night.

If that wouldn't work, if you have an aloe plant, just cut a leaf off & put some pure aloe on the wound ... Best stuff ever!

If not then that vetrycin (you know the spray that Clinton Anderson is always plugging on RFD TV) is also really awesome stuff.

Hope your horse gets better soon :( a injured/lame horse sucks :(

Something is wrong with Bobsie. She has a vet appointment set up for Monday to get checked out, she bit me this morning when I picked her up, and seems to be having trouble controlling her bladder. I know she's 15 but I'm not ready to let her go... I wish I could get her in sooner but I'm booked on appointments until then and they had nothing available for Thursday, which is my next day off. So, if anyone had vibes to spare, we could use them. :'( today has been a seriously awful day.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Something is wrong with Bobsie. She has a vet appointment set up for Monday to get checked out, she bit me this morning when I picked her up, and seems to be having trouble controlling her bladder. I know she's 15 but I'm not ready to let her go... I wish I could get her in sooner but I'm booked on appointments until then and they had nothing available for Thursday, which is my next day off. So, if anyone had vibes to spare, we could use them. :'( today has been a seriously awful day.
Hope it's nothing serious :(

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Gah, I am starting to get really antsy and I guess frustrated that there is not a date set yet for my puppy to get here. I am a planner and I feel like there should already be a date set, tickets booked. He is getting his health cert. today, so I guess that is a good thing.

With this breeding I am dealing with a third party, called the person today who has the pups and left a message. Hopefully he calls me back tonight so we can get the ball rolling. I just want a date, that is all I want. Even if its later this week. (well I hope not) I need something to look forward to. Plus I have to drive three hours to the airport to pick him up so I want a plan laid out.

I want my baby!!!

*end rant!

crazedACD

I keep starting this post and then stopping writing it.

Sales at the company I work for are abysmal. There is very real concern about how long the business can sustain.

This gives me very real concern about how long my mortgage can sustain.

I have a horrible, sinking feeling I am going to be out a job soon. And I don't know what to do about it. I'm not in a position where I can just go work retail just to have a job because it will not pay enough. Obviously if it comes to that ANY job is better than no job, but I would like to not be out of a job at all. I've only found one job worth applying for and have sent in my info, and I know somebody who works at the company so I'm hoping she might at least be able to swing me an interview. But otherwise it's just as dry as when I was at the radio station trying to find something.
My options are receptionist positions which are highly competitive since just about anybody can do them and will result in a pay cut to the tune of my mortgage payment... or... I don't even know what else. I'm not a health care professional so I can't apply for any of those jobs. I don't care to learn how to drive a semi because that idea terrifies me. There's just nothing else here.

Clearly I made a mistake in not just picking up and moving to Chicago or Indianapolis and trying to get a job there. I bought a house here, so now I'm stuck. I have no more money. All of my money went into the house, which is in pieces, so I can't even sell it and get my money back.

I have no idea what to do. It's starting to affect my sleep again. Last night I felt sick to my stomach while going to bed and I kept waking up throughout the night.
Keep looking hard now...you aren't out of the job, yet! Network hard. Ask everyone. Don't be afraid to apply for jobs that you don't 'quite' meet the requirements. I'm sure it will all work out...it always does. It sounds like you have a good support system with your parents.

Hillside

Original Twin
Is July over yet? In addition to all the losses here on Chaz, I just found out that TWO of my friends got into accidents this weekend. TWO. Different accidents. One had surgery today and the other has a SEVERELY broken clavicle.

So July? **** OFF!

Taqroy

It is not my fault that Matt doesn't open his mail and thus did not know his credit card has been sitting on the coffee table for a week. Not. My. Fault.

My vent for today is that Hannah's ashes are home. Maybe.

The tag on the ashes doesn't match the tag # on the certificate. So now I don't know if I have my dog or someone elses, and even though the vet says he is absolutely positive it's Hannah, there will always be a shadow of doubt in the back of my head.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!

The tag on the ashes doesn't match the tag # on the certificate. So now I don't know if I have my dog or someone elses, and even though the vet says he is absolutely positive it's Hannah, there will always be a shadow of doubt in the back of my head.
I stored my dogs ashes away somewhere ... I don't know exactly where though ... I feel like a horrible person for it T_T

I remember when I transferred her to her permanent urn, I had to look at the ashes & there were little bite of bone in it ... Izze's bones ... & I cried, I couldn't help it. I don't think I will ever get over her death, ESP since it was so sudden

chaospony

Not a vent, just a sad. A very big sad.
I haven't been around much and I popped on to post some silly vent about Wassim busting up his dew claws and then I found out about Backup and Arnold.
My facebook is filled with people suffering losses of their beloved dogs too.
Too much grief. Too many dogs gone too soon.
Now I just want to hug my dogs tight and cry :(

JessLough

Love My Mutt
My vent is people that take someone else's tragedy and try to pretend they know exactly what is going on and making it about themselves.

I also have a very important meeting at work tomorrow, and I'm nervous :-/

crazedACD

:( Life is far too short to hate what you do for a living ... that's for sure.
Pretty sure she doesn't hate what she does for a living, rather she would like to stay employed at her job but the company might be going under.

That is absolutely horrible :(. Is it the vet that did the cremation? Can you talk to the cremation company and see if they can verify? You can have the ashes tested I believe if you want to pursue it, but I'm sure that would be hard on you :(.

Members online

No members online now.