The Venting Thread

Lyzelle

6 weeks until we leave.

Jin's sponsor is no where to be found. My passport JUST got here and now I have to send it off again to get my Visa. Our debit cards are expiring and USAA is giving us a run around about getting the new ones earlier.

And just....ugh. WHY IS EVERYTHING GOING SO SLOW. I want this crap done NOW.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
My child is in a foul mood today. I'm not the biggest kid person anyway, so the whiny toddler sounds are grating. He's better here, but any time we are in public, he's just crabby. Probably because he will. not. nap.

Then, his crabby self and I headed off to his doctor's appt for the booster they had me schedule a month ago when he had his vaccines. Got there, sat in a room full of sickies, and.....no, he isn't due for a booster. What the hell?! So, while he was there I asked if they could call in something else for his ear infection, since he was allergic to the amoxicillin. The nurse said she'd let the doctor know (nurses are the one who see you when you're there for a booster, which is fine). No call. So now he'll be several days without meds for his ear. Fun times, fun times.

Tried to do pics, but my child is uncooperative. And he's too crabby for me to do any pics of the dogs since it's not wise to leave a toddler to his own devices inside, lol, and if I take him outside with me he's just loud.

And, my nose has restuffed itself today. This is like three weeks of having a nonworking nasal passage.

/venting over
Same here, I struggle to maintain airflow through my nose because I. Can. Not. Sleep. Breathing through my mouth :/.

Vent NO 2: I "stole" two dragon eggs (those little creatures in my siggy) & they died while I was in my sickly stupor :(

Saeleofu

noludoru

Bored Now.
Came back from airport, had an idiot cab driver who HAD A GPS SITTING ON THE WINDSHIELD AND COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE IT so I had to give him step by step directions to my house. "Right turn onto Route 66." "Here?" "No, at ROUTE 66." "Here?" He had a CEL on and a flat tire and was insisting the car was fine. UGH.

So I get in, car is gone.

Gone.

I have a ****ing heart attack, call the apt complex, call the police, call the boyfriend at 1AM. . . finally figure out the car has been towed at the complex's request. WHEN THE CAR IS REGISTERED WITH THE COMPLEX AND HAS A PARKING STICKER AND A COMPLEX KEYFOB ON THE DASHBOARD.

I then have to take a cab most of the way into DC to retrieve my car, but figure out which taxi company I liked and called them - and the driver I got the last few times noticed my request, recognized my name and address and came to get me in like 5 minutes which was AWESOME. I love that guy. He was cussing my apartment complex out for me on the way in to the tow lot and insisted on waiting for me until I told him everything was good and the car was fine because it was a sketchy area with an unlit lot.

Drive back in the rain, GPS does ****all to help me so I get lost, finally get home and now it's 3:30AM and I am home and stressed and tired and have to be in to work in the AM.

I am also over $300 poorer.

AWESOME. MOTHER****ING. NIGHT.

Saeleofu

So, I have the option of sleeping in tomorrow with nothing going on until class at 1pm...or getting up at 6 to be at the zoo for a wolf roundup.

WHY AM I SICK?! If I wasn't sick, the choice would be simple - WOLVES, DUH. But noooo. I still feel like crap and sleeping in sounds like a much better choice.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
When Ella first got here, she started pulling down the puppy pad when it was dirty and putting it in the litter box. I thought "wow, how useful! what a good, smart girl!"

Yah, now it's just annoying -_-

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
I got pneumonia after having a c-section with a cold... my doctor told me for 2 weeks it was just a lingering cold, until I had a fever of 103 last week! D: I finally got meds but felt like I was dying. Now I'm getting better, and I've been pumping hourly, but my boobs are producing barely anything. Malakai has had to switch to formula, and it's upsetting his stomach and making him extremely fussy and restless. I feel like a failure.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I got pneumonia after having a c-section with a cold... my doctor told me for 2 weeks it was just a lingering cold, until I had a fever of 103 last week! D: I finally got meds but felt like I was dying. Now I'm getting better, and I've been pumping hourly, but my boobs are producing barely anything. Malakai has had to switch to formula, and it's upsetting his stomach and making him extremely fussy and restless. I feel like a failure.
I'm sorry to hear that :( DON'T feel like you are a failure though. Try different formulas (I think gerber has a gentle formula) until you find one that works. I've heard mothers milk tea helps with production so maybe give that a shot. I had to stop breastfeeding Hannah earlier than I planned and I felt horrible for it but now I realize that I did what I felt I had to do and I have a happy and healthy 5 year old. (((HUGS)))

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Ok my vent for the day.

Dear Mr Police officer

I understand you need to get to the scene as quickly as possible and thus you need to drive a lot faster than the rest of us and we need to get out of the way. HOWEVER, if you are going to do this and take the curve in my oncoming traffic lane PLEASE TURN ON YOUR LIGHTS AND SIREN. It's dark and gloomy out and the roads are slippery. thankfully I still saw you with plenty of time to slow down and get out of your way but had I been any closer this could have been a problem. You have lights and a siren... USE THEM!

Sincerely,
driver that almost crapped her pants when you came out of nowhere lol

jenv101

Bite Club
:( So sorry!! That sounds awful. Definitely give the tea a try (I believe the key herb is fenugreek if you can't find a tea that is specific to milk production). Drink as much water as you possibly can (you are probably dehydrated from being sick) and maybe when you are feeling better things will pick back up and you can go back to BF'ing. Oh and lots of skin-to-skin with Malakai!

You are NOT a failure!!

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Came back from airport, had an idiot cab driver who HAD A GPS SITTING ON THE WINDSHIELD AND COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE IT so I had to give him step by step directions to my house. "Right turn onto Route 66." "Here?" "No, at ROUTE 66." "Here?" He had a CEL on and a flat tire and was insisting the car was fine. UGH.

So I get in, car is gone.

Gone.

I have a ****ing heart attack, call the apt complex, call the police, call the boyfriend at 1AM. . . finally figure out the car has been towed at the complex's request. WHEN THE CAR IS REGISTERED WITH THE COMPLEX AND HAS A PARKING STICKER AND A COMPLEX KEYFOB ON THE DASHBOARD.

I then have to take a cab most of the way into DC to retrieve my car, but figure out which taxi company I liked and called them - and the driver I got the last few times noticed my request, recognized my name and address and came to get me in like 5 minutes which was AWESOME. I love that guy. He was cussing my apartment complex out for me on the way in to the tow lot and insisted on waiting for me until I told him everything was good and the car was fine because it was a sketchy area with an unlit lot.

Drive back in the rain, GPS does ****all to help me so I get lost, finally get home and now it's 3:30AM and I am home and stressed and tired and have to be in to work in the AM.

I am also over $300 poorer.

AWESOME. MOTHER****ING. NIGHT.
Oh I would have made the manager foot the bill for that one, that's terrible! >_<

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I've wanted snow for ever, and now it's forecast for this weekend... Freddie's first show... 3 hour drive away.

Hmm.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I has a want.

(^ a random, cute example.)

I cannot has. :(

Didn't think I'd miss my ferti so much. But I just feel empty without them. I had a dream the other night that Dameon and Casey were both young and healthy again. Casey had been gone for about a year and a half, so when she saw Dameon again she was SO excited. They both investigated one another like, "I remember you..." then they took off and started dooking and hopping and being crazy ferrets.

Made me cry when I woke up and realized maybe that was there way of telling me they're finally reunited again, have their young and spry body backs, and are playing at the bridge. :( Miss my little furtuses.

Grab

Clive's doctor's office didn't call me yesterday regarding a new prescription. So, I call them today. The nurse practitioner, who is the one who saw him and prescribed the Amoxi, said that a red face and rash was not a typical penicillin/med allergy, since he wasn't itchy. He's two, and he rarely scratches. He did not even scratch when he was full of what should have been itchy blisters (in the chicken pox family). Nevermind that the drug info sheet they hand out at the pharmacy said to call your doctor immediately if the person taking the med develops a red face. :rolleyes: She said sometimes the virus that causes ear infections causes a rash....I have never heard of this....

She said to go ahead and keep giving the Amoxicillin. Ah...no thank you. I do not want an emergency room trip if it is indeed an allergy.

Saeleofu

She said to go ahead and keep giving the Amoxicillin. Ah...no thank you. I do not want an emergency room trip if it is indeed an allergy.
I think I'd be changing doctors at that point. Allergies are not something to **** around with.

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
My toes are cold. I know totally minor problem, but it's one of my pet peeves. Also if it's going to snow, I would like real snow please...not this half snow half ice crap.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Oh I would have made the manager foot the bill for that one, that's terrible! >_<
Sure going to try.

It's now 2:30AM and I am up because car alarms went off and my neighbor's car was towed. I went out with him and another neighbor and we stopped the tow truck guys in the middle of the street and rescued his car. And by rescued, I mean I paid them off with $50. Sigh. I am now even poorer than yesterday. This week is wonderful.

THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS, I WANT SOME MOTHER****ING SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.