The Venting Thread

Sekah

The Monster.
I would send them this as a message on FB. To all of them. If they care about you, they deserve to know how you feel. If they don't, they deserve a guilt trip.
Deserve a guilt trip? That's a cruel thing to say.

People get what they get. To think that someone deserves more/less than what they get removes the onus of responsibility on the individual and places on things beyond their control. /existential thought of the day

In this situation I would be inclined to suffer in silence. It's unfortunate, but sometimes social ties are shallow and fleeting. It's unfortunate, but many relationships are those of convenience.

Sorry Fran. That sounds depressing.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
AOIDjpfJEidjfieorjoif'ed

Landlord: Oh no I'm not going to replace your hot water tank even though it's 19 years old and not heating up but half a tub of dirty water.

I haven't been able to sleep lately, regularly falling asleep at 3:30 or 4 am. And I have to wake up at 6 am most days. My whole sleeping schedule is messed up, ugh. I'm tired :(

SpringerLover

I injured my "good" ankle on Saturday. I've been as good as I can be about staying off it, keeping it iced, elevating it, taking anti-inflammatories, wearing a brace, etc. I have an appointment with a regular doctor tomorrow to get a "doctor's order" for PT. I AM SO BORED! MY DOG IS SO BORED! I take her out to potty, we do some shaping/training. But my day is spent on my feet at work, so when I get home I NEED to stay off my feet. Because of course, my other ankle is bad too.

Gabby keeps changing sleeping positions and coming to check to see if we're going to DO ANYTHING yet.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I've been having problems with sleep too! I'm so sleep deprived that despite sucking down caffeine all day I was literally going cross-eyed in the afternoon because I was so tired. Thank God I was doing to that required standing all day, I think I would have nodded off in a chair.

Annnnd the season of boob sweat is upon us! I work in an unairconditioned factory and fans can only do so much. This also means I will have to fight the urge to slap anyone who whines about how hot it is when they work in an air conditioned environment, get in their air conditioned car, and go home to their air conditioned house and are literally out in the heat maybe 10-20 minutes a day....

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Ahhh how the heck did I ever get homework done when I was in school. I brought some work home tonight because I just can't seem to ever find time to get it done AT work (and I'm already behind), and I have gotten NOTHING done so far. I can't concentrate. As evidenced by the fact that I'm writing this post right now and, ya know, not doing my work.

xpaeanx

Ahhh how the heck did I ever get homework done when I was in school. I brought some work home tonight because I just can't seem to ever find time to get it done AT work (and I'm already behind), and I have gotten NOTHING done so far. I can't concentrate. As evidenced by the fact that I'm writing this post right now and, ya know, not doing my work.
I have to schedule in homework. And I can't do it at home- I go to the library bc NOtHING will ever get done at home.... Too much for me to distract myself with.

GipsyQueen

I don't know if it's weather or allergies or what, but same here. I left work with a bad one on Friday and everyone at work is teasing me that I got a "closing shift" headache. They all think I just walked out of work because of the BS my boss pulled on me in the morning meeting. Not, you know, that I can't see straight.
I'm having the same problem... I have sooo much to do, and when ever theres a weather change... and there are alot right now.. I get migranes. :( To the point where I can't function :(

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
What. The ****.

Someone stole my car.

MY car. Out of my driveway.

The ****.

The dogs were sleeping in the garage, and whoever did it made no noise because Abrams didn't bark. Had he heard someone outside, he would have barked at them.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
What. The ****.

Someone stole my car.

The ****.

The dogs were sleeping in the garage, and whoever did it made no noise because Abrams didn't bark. Had he heard someone outside, he would have barked at them.

WHAT??
I hope that they find the jackass who stole it and send his ass to jail. That's ridiculous.

Please keep us posted!
Also *vibes* for everything to turn out okay.

*blackrose

WHAT??
I hope that they find the jackass who stole it and send his ass to jail. That's ridiculous.

Please keep us posted!
Also *vibes* for everything to turn out okay.
I'm kind of in shock at the moment. Quite literally. A little shakey and kind of blank. Thank God Michael is here to handle things.

Right now I'm focusing on the silver lining:
Our other (piece of crap) cars are here and untouched. So we still have transport.
They didn't rob our house.
My car has comprehensive coverage and theft is covered.
I had some stuff in the car, but nothing that isn't replaceable. A car charger, my CDs, the dog seat cover, jumper cables, an umbrella, my ice scrapers, tanning glasses, sun glasses...but nothing was being stored in the trunk, thank God.

This neighborhood isn't even a bad neighborhood. I lived in a much worse area with an equally new car and while someone ransacked it once looking for money when I forgot to lock it one evening, it was never harmed. Or *stolen*. There are like, 3 cops and 5 military families on this street alone.

Yah. Definitely in a state of shock.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
This neighborhood isn't even a bad neighborhood. I lived in a much worse area with an equally new car and while someone ransacked it once looking for money when I forgot to lock it one evening, it was never harmed. Or *stolen*. There are like, 3 cops and 5 military families on this street alone.

Yah. Definitely in a state of shock.
Always good to focus on the silver lining. Breathe, drink some tea/coffee/whatever you find calming.

Years ago we had our Jimmy stolen out of our driveway as well. An old, rusty, Jimmy that was sponsored by Alpine sound systems and used to have some great speakers in it (which were taken out weeks before the theft).
We lived in a small town, the type where everyone knows everyone. The type where you don't lock the doors, like ever.

It is definitely shocking and confusing. You never think it will happen in the nice quiet neighbourhoods.
:(

*blackrose

Apparently a house a few doors down had their cars ransacked, too. The officer who spoke with us said they had a similar incident about a week ago. Course, then he said, "If the car makes it to New Orleans, you'll probably never see it again." Thanks. Thanks, Officer, for that vote of confidence.

*sigh*

Now we're just waiting to hear from the insurance company to figure out what the next step is and when the car is considered gone for good.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Blackrose, I'm so sorry :( I hope they find the tool that did it.

My vent:

Belle is driving me fricken BONKERS.

For some reason, she has taken to randomly barking in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. Like seriously, on random bark and then an hour later she'll bark again. I get up... she's just sitting in the living room wagging her tail like YAY you're up. I know no one is near the house because Beezer is still sleeping and not making a sound. if HE goes off then I worry but Belle? she's an idiot and barking for no reason that I can find. I was up with her THREE times last night and FIVE times the night before. I know she doesn't have to go out because I let her out the first time she wakes me up just incase but she keeps DOING IT. I'm seriously at my wits end with her and this nonsense.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Apparently a house a few doors down had their cars ransacked, too. The officer who spoke with us said they had a similar incident about a week ago. Course, then he said, "If the car makes it to New Orleans, you'll probably never see it again." Thanks. Thanks, Officer, for that vote of confidence.

*sigh*

Now we're just waiting to hear from the insurance company to figure out what the next step is and when the car is considered gone for good.
OMG that sucks! I am so sorry! Sending vibes that they find it unharmed.

Just heard that a friend of ours was seriously injured at the track in Dallas, they are asking for donations for her through the injured horsemens fund so it's likely pretty serious ... trying to get more info, hope she will be ok, she is a super lady that would help anyone and was very awesome horsemen. Why does things like this happen to nice people :(

Lyzelle

What. The ****.

Someone stole my car.

The ****.

WTF. I came here to vent about how I am home alone and sick instead of at work.

This is way more vent-thread worthy. I'm so sorry. VIBES. Who the hell does something like that? I really hope you get it worked out!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
UGH I just DON'T like our one neighbor. I was outside on my porch tending to my herbs in the planter boxes and I can hear a baby crying (I don't know who the baby belongs to but they don't have a baby so must be someone visiting) and all I hear is her say "oh would you shut the F*** up" :(

That just makes me sad

*blackrose

Right now I just hope we get it back. Soon. The insurance says the earliest they call it dead and gone is two weeks. If we don't get it back, the insurance will cover my loan (hopefully...)...but we'll be without a car. And out a deposit for a new car. And we *need* a reliable car for commuting and long distance travel. Michael's car is an accident waiting to happen and the truck...let's just say we're impressed it made the 900mi drive down here.

Bleh. I'd only had it 7 months. :(

Members online

No members online now.