cutting fur from around your dogs eyes

nickw

is it ok to cut fur from around your dogs eyes someone told me that if you do it they get all dust in there eyes, just wanted some advice b4 i do it

Khristine

I Have to cut the hair around my dog's eyes because they poke him in his eyes making them all weepy and watery... but he wiggles so much!

Don't trim the eyelashes, but it's definitely okay to do "bangs" so he can see. Some dogs with long hair around their eyes can get really yucky...eye boogers in the hair, mud in the hair hanging in their eyes, etc. I always trimmed my wolfhound's. He did fine.

Ash47

Taco Dog
Creature Teacher is right. You should get the hair under the eyes and trim a nice visor on breeds such as Shih-Tzus and Old Englishes. :)

avenlee

My Cocker Spaniel is notorious for the eye gunk (as I like to call it) all over her. I have to literally wipe her eyes with a warm wet washcloth everyday. Immediately after, she will wipe her eyes with her paws and start sneezing. LOL

candy722

I didn't know that you can't trim eyelashes. I better tell my groomer to stop that. One thing, what happens if it grows really long?

Members online

No members online now.