New Member from Canada (with pictures!)

Assamiea

Hi everyone. After months and months of lurking I’ve finally decided to bite the bullet and register. My name is Nadia and I’m from Ontario, Canada. I’m 27 years old and currently working in customer service. I haven’t really found my niche career wise yet (I loved accounting in high school but after taking some college courses I found out I didn't want to do that day after day), but I will be going back to college as a full time student in September. I used to be a member on another pet forum but the traffic on that site has slowed down considerably so I've been looking for a more active forum.

Currently I have 2 dogs, a betta fish and a hamster.

Rocky is my almost 13 year old Yorkie. I've had him since he was 10 weeks old. He's the quintessential grumpy old man of the house. He has a slight liver problem (which he is on supplements for) and dry eyes (which he has ointment for) but other than that he's not doing too shabby for a senior dog. His major accomplishment in life is being a champion at de-squeaking any squeaky toy that has ever dared to enter our house. His specialty is the Bad/Good Cuz toys which he can silence in under 5 seconds.

Baxter is my 6 year old Bichon. I've had him since he was 8 weeks old. He was, hands down, the most trying puppy that I have ever had, but has grown into an absolute sweetheart. This dog never has a bad day and is constantly happy, especially if someone is petting him. He looooves anyone and everyone. He can also be a complete spaz sometimes and loves to do the Bichon Blitz.

He also thinks that he's a pirate!​

Crash is a blue Crowntail Betta that started his life in a cup at Petsmart. He got his name because when we were bringing him home we got into a car accident (nothing serious). His name was originally going to be “Sushi†but we thought “Crash†would be much more fitting. He currently lives in the aptly named “Crash Padâ€, which is a Hagen Super Large Living World Small Pals Pen (4.5 US gallons). - which I really need to get around to decorating better.

Princess Passionfruit is a tortoiseshell Syrian hamster. I’ve had her since she was 8 weeks old (got her just after Christmas last year). She’s a busy body who likes to chew on her cage bars instead of the gazillion other chewable things in her cage (she’s slowly coming around though) and is super hard to get pictures of because she's always moving and when she's not moving she's sleeping in one of her houses. Her current residence is a 20 gallon aquarium with a 1-1/2 story tank topper.

I've also had the pleasure of owning a Cairn Terrier, Max, who we lost at 10 years old to Diabetes. He was my first dog and a pet store puppy (my dad didn't know any better at the time and bought him for my 5th birthday back in 1989). Apparently Max started his life somewhere in Nabraska and eventually wound up at a pet store in Canada. He was an absolutely perfect dog (well to me - I'm sure the mailman would have said otherwise!), great with kids and definitely taken before his time.

(Max is the dog on the right - the other dog was my uncle's Westie Sarge)​

So that's me and my crew in a nutshell. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics, but I look forward to getting to know you all.

Assamiea

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

JessLough - I'm from the GTA (well outskirts of the GTA, but still considered part of the GTA). My mom and I keep meaning to visit Ottawa for the Tulip Festival - she's a huge flower freak! - but our plans always fall through. Someday though, we'll make it there eventually! :)

LauraLeigh - Halfway between Cobourg and Belleville sounds lovely! If I had a choice I would be further out East and more rural than I currently am. My boyfriend is a dead set West-ender (he would prefer to be out in Hamilton if he had a choice) but I love the East and am slowly converting him!

Members online

No members online now.