Favorite retreiving toy?

Bigpoodleperson

Megan and Draco
What is your dogs favorite toy to retreive? When I get my puppy, I want to play fetch with it. I adore playing fetch!! I am not a fan of tennis balls, and want to stay away from them. I see all these cool toys out though. I like orbee balls, the orbee balls on ropes, ruffwear toys, and kong toys. Those are My preference as Riley doesnt like to play fetch. :D I enjoy using those to play with dogs who do though!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
The Cuz ball!
It might be the OMG SO LOUD squeak or the little feet and the way it erratically bounces when you throw it.. but whatever it is, never met a dog that didn't love it lol

Dekka

Just try me..
Dekka's fave thing is a stick. Other than that a non squeaky toy.

Thats not quite true, but she doesn't want to retrieve a squeaking toy, she wants to perform a squeakerectomy.

Kong Wubba all the way.

Can tug, can toss, floats, is bright, squeaks (but not easily), fun for the dog to flip around, big enough to see, good on land or water and Traveler can hold onto and close his mouth more allowing way less choking and inhalation of water like that happens with tennis balls.

Also- "WHEN" you get your puppy? Is this in the works?

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
For water retrieving the dogs prefer a wubba (Aeri) or a chuckit bumper (Kestrel).

For dry land retrieving, both Kes and Aeri like Chuckit balls, though Kes prefers the whistle ones a bit. We also use Hero brand SuperHero discs for frisbee.

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
Harleigh prefers tennis balls for all kinds of retrieving - her favorites are Kong Squeaker and ChuckIt, always the mega size!

She also like her Bumi and I really need to get her a Wubba because I think she'd enjoy that as well.

Toller_08

To Dance, there is nothing better than a tennis ball. I know they're not recommended, and I don't play with them often, but there really is nothing she loves more. Wubbas are a huge hit here as well. So are those Chuck-It bumper toys, and the Chuck-It flying squirrel is fun too. I use regular orange Chuck-It balls often as well.

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Morgan isn't a reliable dog to ask this question. LOL! His preferences vary by the week.

This week's favorite is his broken fleece turkey. Last week was a knotted rope. Lol!

Dekka

Just try me..
Kaiden loves road hockey balls. They are about tennis ball sized but with no enamel wearing off fuzz. (and they bright orange)

Bigpoodleperson

Megan and Draco
Hmmm, interesting! What is it with tennis balls? Do you think its "us" that makes them love them, or is there something about the ball itself? Like its the most common ball we give, so therefor they love it the most? I dont get it!

"Also- "WHEN" you get your puppy? Is this in the works? "
Ummmmm, weeeelllllllllllllll, yes. I am in contact with a breeder, and will hopefully have a spring puppy!

Toller_08

Hmmm, interesting! What is it with tennis balls? Do you think its "us" that makes them love them, or is there something about the ball itself? Like its the most common ball we give, so therefor they love it the most? I dont get it!
In my dogs' case, I think it's just them. More often than not we play with rubber balls (be they Chuck-Its or those bright orange hockey balls), and have since all of them were puppies. I think mine just like that tennis balls are fuzzy and they can grip them better maybe. I'm not sure. I tried to stay away from tennis balls as much as possible, and still do, but every once in a while I use them when I can't find the other ones or just because I know how much they love them.

And that's very exciting! I hope it all works out. I look forward to hearing about your new pup! :)

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Juno will NOT play with a plain tennis ball. But if it's on a rope, then it's a pretty sweet toy in her eyes.

She also loves her Kong Wubba.

She's pretty much a fan of retrieving anything that's thrown. Sticks, stuffed animals, Nylabones, Kongs.... anything except a tennis ball! :rolleyes:

elegy

overdogged
Another vote for Chuck-It balls on land and Wubbas in the water. Though in truth, usually we use a tennis ball in the water because they're cheap and I don't care if we lose them in the creek :p

YAY PUPPY!!

MicksMom

Heads up on tennis balls guys- I recently learned that the dye in "real" tennins balls is a carcinogin (sp?) when ingested. The ones made for dogs has a safe dye. Tractor Supply has some pretty awesome ones- unlike the ones I bought in the local pet supply store, the rubber inside the ones from TSC don't break when they hit the ground. The squeaker in the Kong ones fill with water then don't squeak anymore. Like the ones from Kong, the TSC ones come in different sizes.

Lola's the only one of mine that retrieves, and she loves her Chuckit Surfboard the most. It's also the most awkward to throw and for her to carry, but Lola feels like that just adds to the magic.

Maxy24

Tucker's favorite toys to fetch are indeed tennis balls, but they have to be Tucker sized (Small) and squeaky. I got non-squeaky ones last time and I felt so bad as he was running back with it and I saw his jaw muscles twitching as they tried to compress the ball and failed. He was sad and confused lol. Even once he kills the squeaker he likes that the balls squish when he bites them and will do it the whole time it's in his mouth.

However he also likes fetching his kong because tennis balls with their predictable movement can be boring.

This thing was fun to fetch for the same reason (bounces all over the place) and could also be tugged and chewed...but it died quickly when he chewed it to little pieces.

The only thing that goes through Kenai's mind is "BALL?". Karma likes whatever he likes. And Darla is just a heel nipper.

Members online

No members online now.