Hello, need help choosing a dog

ripsnorter

Yeah I think he is too. And I'm an rugged outdoors-y guy that doesn't usually say "he's adorable!" :lol-sign:

I hadn't noticed until a friend it, but he has a raccoon tail with 3 rings on it. Cool markings :D

I'm looking forward to a month or two from now, when he'll have settled in and I can see what his normal personality is like. For now it's lots of training, playing, sleeping. It'll still be that way in a month, but at least I won't be so unsure of him by then.

Not an indoor dog as of tonight by the way! He's spending tonight as his first night out in his shop. He's spent the entire day with me up until I tucked him in though. Went for a walk beforehand, warm bed, the last of his food for the day, water, toy, rawhide bone, night-light. He's tucked in.

:)

ripsnorter

Thanks JoeLacy,

I have had a niggling doubt as to whether the rescue really knew what he was. I obviously don't really care personally, (I don't need papers or anything like that, I just wanted a smart and energetic companion like an ACD) but those pictures look a lot closer to what he is than anything else I've come across.

Is there any way to be relatively sure of a dogs breeding? Are there experts that can find out? I'm just curious.

JoeLacy

I've seen a few Cata dogs and that was my first thought when I saw yours. Most people don't know Cata's so anything with a "Merle" they call it and ACD/Mix. :)

One way might be checking his feet for the "webbing" like a ducks foot. Web between the toes for water paddling.

It doesn't matter anyway you found a dog you like and you can call him anything you want. :) Congrats again!

Members online

No members online now.