Whatever you say dear...

My family and I finally decided it was time to look for a dog. My wife grew up with Dachshunds but I didnt want a small dog. Our house is fairly small so we agreed to look for a mid sized dog, maybe like a Beagle. One Saturday my wife and I were out with my motorcycle and we decided to stop by the Humane Society. We found a Beagle mix that we liked, but we needed to bring the kids in with us so the counselors could see that it would work. So we rushed home, grabbed the kids and ran back. Being a weekend we werent allowed to put the dog on hold and unfortunately by the time we got back someone else was interested. We missed out on that one and we left with 2 teary eyed kids and a POed wife.

The next morning we got to the HS abou 10 minutes before they opened and found they had some new puppies. We ran over and there was a cage with 2 German Shepard/Golden Retriever mixes in it, one named Shakespeare and the other named Dickens. We arranged to meet either of them, but there was another couple ahead of us to see one also. They met Dickens and we met Shakespeare. When my wife said she wanted Shakespeare I reminded her that he isnt going to stay that small forever, and she said thats fine. I have never pulled a muscle in my face before that day from smiling so much. I got the bigger dog I had always wanted.

Later that year my wife was in puppy mode again, this time looking for her Dachshund. It was New Years Eve and I was at work at Home Depot. I came across an ad in the paper for a Dachshund/Schnauzer mix. I called her and told her about it (this was before I heard the horrors of BYBers) and she called the lady immediately. An hour later she came into Home Depot with this little tiny puppy that could fit all 4 paws on my hand. Now instead of celebrating New Years Eve we celebrate Sophias Gotchya Day.

ACooper

Awe, Sophia is cute but where is the pic of Shakespeare?? LOL.....yes I am greedy :D

Or if that is Shakespeare, where is Sophia? we need to see both!

Edit: I just went and looked at your introduction........LOL, Sophia doesn't look much like the same dog does she? And Shakespeare is a handsome devil!

bubbatd

Loved the story !!!! ......and they all lived happily ever after ....................

Members online

No members online now.