Brindle Pug- showpugs can you help?

shazbot

not so newby
A person on another forum says that her puggle's dad was a brindle pug. Are there brindle pugs out there?

Sorry, I meant to post in the breeds section...can this be moved there?

Brattina88

there are brindle pugs... I've seen them ;)

but I can't vouch for their breeding or if that color is recognized with the KCs . . .

T

tessa_s212

I know a person that breeds pugs. Brindle is a color that IS NOT in the pug. There HAS to be a mixed bred pug in there somewhere to have this color. It is not genetically possible to have a purebred brindle pug.

showpug

Brindle pugs are not acceptable and were created by crossing other breeds (boston/frenchie) with the pug.

It's funny because when you ask the owners of AKC registered brindle pugs which box is checked on their registration papers it is the fawn box. There is no brindle option for our breed on the papers. These owners and breeders still try to convince you that their dog is a purebred pug.

The Pug Dog Club of America is getting a committee together to discuss this issue currently as there are some people that wont give up and are constantly showing up at dog shows to show their brindle pugs and are being turned away. I really hope the club sticks to their guns on this!

So, the answer is NO, there is no such thing as a true brindle pug. Black and Fawn are the ONLY acceptable colors for the breed.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Showpug, are you serious? People actually have shown up at shows with a colour that isn't recognized? I would have thought one would look liek such a moron and get laughed out that people wouldn't try...

showpug

Showpug, are you serious? People actually have shown up at shows with a colour that isn't recognized? I would have thought one would look liek such a moron and get laughed out that people wouldn't try...
Yes, dead serious. They are trying to make a statement by showing up to the shows. They enter the ring and the judge makes them leave. Some people demand that the brindle pug be recognized even though it comes from mixed lines.:rolleyes:

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
That's insane.. I've heard of people claiming their dog is pure when they can't be due to colour and genetics...
But I've never heard of people being daft enough to enter their dogs in a show liek that. Wow.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
People just can't stand to have a non-registered/recognized dog these days, can they? This "everyone's a winner" attitude is getting way far out of hand.

krisykris

I love my mutt furbabies :) I DO think they deserve a medal.. but not for breed standards.. just for being sweet! :)

But really, if your dog is not up to the standards of the breed, get over it :) and stop trying to fake it till ya make it :) hehe

Members online

No members online now.