Greetings from Colorado

Shahrazade

Hi- I just joined hoping to get some information on stomach illnesses that might be genetic- thread is in Dog Health. Thought I would post an introduction as well. I am from Colorado. I am a horse trainer/dog trainer/behavioral consultant when I'm working for myself, and my day job is with a pet supply store. I am a lifelong animal lover and have always had a passion for solving behavioral problems, ever since I got a nasty dog bite at age nine and insisted that it wasn't the dog's fault and threw such a tantrum that the livid owners, who had been ready to put the dog to sleep and have him tested for rabies, let him live and decided to work on behavior modification- sadly it wasn't successful and he was put down a couple of years later after showing no improvement. My goal in life is to help dogs like that dog become civilized, polite canine citizens that can stay in their homes- I have already helped several families rehabilitate aggressive dogs.

My dog is 3/4 Welsh Corgi (Pembroke) and 1/4 Border Collie. Here he is at 4 1/2 weeks:

His name is Augustin and he is now 18 weeks. He was my late Godmother's gift to me a month before she passed away. She was my hero, my role model, and raised me like her own daughter from the time I was about 10 years old. Augustin is my future agility dog, and my goal is to earn a title in memory of my Godmother, who never got to see the puppies (including Augustin) that she delivered grow up. The picture was taken just a few days before her death.

My other animals:
4 year old Thoroughbred horse, Embrace Reality, rescued from slaughter
2 year old Fluffy Black Cat, Vivi- barn cat followed me home
4 month old Hooded Fancy Rat- rescued after being thrown into and struck against a wall by someone trying to kill him for a snake
2 year old African Pygmy Hedgehog, Skribblez- Rescued from a mite infested breeder who left him with a irritable sow who poked him in one eye with a quill- he is mostly blind in that eye now and has chapped ears from the mites
2 ducks, Triscuit and Ritz Quacker- Triscuit (Trixie for short) was thrown over a friend's fence and Ritz was bought from a pen of ducks being sold as meat.
Assorted foster kittens, usually under about 12 weeks
16 year old Western Ornate Box Turtle, David- a gift to me in third grade from my father after I ran to get the nurse to call an ambulance when my third grade teacher had an epileptic seizure in class. David is named after the teacher.

Last edited:

lakotasong

Sled Dog Guardian
Welcome aboard! Where in Colorado are you from? I spent five months in Breckenridge earlier this year. Beautiful area up there in the mountains.

Brattina88

Welcome to Chazhound, I'd love to see more pics of Augustin
kudos to you for fostering the kittens, and I loved seeing the story about how you got your turtle. :D

Members online

No members online now.