Basol's new digs.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Well not really, just upgraded her existing one. :p She loves it so far.

New stuff: carpet and lego house. The hot-side hide hasn't been in there for awhile - I tend to rotate some of them around.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
The Lego house is cute! Out of curiosity, why use carpet?
It's either that or tile - leos shouldn't have sand or other loose substrates, too much risk of impaction.

Tile can be really hard to get at a good thickness for the UTH to do its job. Some geckos have troubles getting their claws caught on the carpet, but I haven't had an issue with that since I switched to the Fluker's carpet - it seems to be less fibrous than the Zoo Med one - but Bas didn't have much trouble on Zoo Med, either.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I can't decide what I like better... The backdrop or the lego house. You have me feeling tempted to make a lego hide for my new corn hatchling.

lizzybeth727

I made lego houses for my hamsters when I was little. :)

Very pretty setup. Makes me want a gecko just so I can have a cool looking tank. :)

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I made lego houses for my hamsters when I was little. :)

Very pretty setup. Makes me want a gecko just so I can have a cool looking tank. :)
Some people get REALLY creative. As long as the gecko has a spot to hide on both sides of the tank and nothing will topple easily, the world's your oyster, really.

Jare

All For The Pit Bulls
That is the best backdrop ever, I bet he feels mighty.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
It's all good. Her name is Basol because I was told she was likely male when I got her at the reptile expo (she was a poor quality morph so I got her for $35, score). Later on I still hadn't noticed any preanal pores, and to this day she has no visible pores. So, female. :p

Members online

No members online now.