Psyche's 2x2 Weave Training!

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
I started Psyche's weave training on Sunday. She turned a year old the first week of October, so we decided to start.

We're training Susan Garrett's 2x2 method, and she's really 'getting it'. :) I'm so happy with how well she's doing.

Here are what clips I've got so far. (Days 1, 3, and 4. Day 2 was a bad day for both of us, so we didn't really work her, and I didn't video.)

Day 1:
YouTube - Psyche 2x2 Training - Day 1

Day 3:
YouTube - Psyche 2x2 Training - Day 3

Day 4:
YouTube - Psyche 2x2 Training - Day 4

None for today yet. I've had her out for one VERY short session, but I'll video her later session.

I don't exactly know where I should move forward to after yesterday, so I did the same thing today, and will figure it out before her next session.

Enjoy! I'll keep you all posted on her training, and I'll get videos daily... Just no guarantee they'll be up on the same day.

k9krazee

This is very interesting to me and I'd love to continue watching your progress!

I've only ever taught weaves using a channel.

BostonBanker

Neat to see a bit. A friend I train with did the 2x2s with his younger dog, and she's got fantastic weaves. I think he said about six weeks to get 12 weave the way he really wanted. I'm not going to mess with what I've got from Meg on her weaves, but will be very interested to see more and more dogs coming along trained with the 2x2s, and may consider them for my next dog. I'm excited to see the future videos!

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
I'm uploading day 5 to Youtube now... :) She did really well yesterday. Sadly, to keep her focus, she seems to need a stick (I hatttte throwing sticks for her!), so I'm going to try her rubber stick today.

She's doing great.

She's my first dog to train 2x2s with (started with Zoey, but ended up going to v-weaves), and I'm really excited to see how she's processing.

I'll get videos from today's session as well. I'm going to try very hard to get daily clips, because it works for me to see what we can improve on.

Members online

No members online now.