Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I don't recall using the word disgusting.

I have liberal left winged views on the subject, & I expressed them. I I have an issue with it, I do not care for kids, I do not understand why someone would want to have them which is all I said.

darkchild16

We are Home.
Agree.

Also thats your right but why come in a thread FOR it if you are so against it. No one is forcing you to have a kid. No one here is even asking you to THINK about having a kid so why do you feel the need to come in and spout hurtful comments when we are trying to HELP, SUPPORT and UPLIFT mothers and soon to be mothers.

Being a mom is scary and stressful without comments about how you look why add to it.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Why to folks post about how ppl dress badly at walmart held there have been threads even posting pics of ppl dressed in skinny jeans that others think shouldn't be wearing them. They make hurtful comments about how they look in them ... What about things like that? Do we say anything about that? No, because we all agree that that person shouldn't wear that style of clothing.

How is this any different? It is different because no one else shares my view, what I said is no less hurtful then making fun of someone's clothing choice &/or weight & how they look in it.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Why to folks post about how ppl dress badly at walmart held there have been threads even posting pics of ppl dressed in skinny jeans that others think shouldn't be wearing them. They make hurtful comments about how they look in them ... What about things like that? Do we say anything about that? No, because we all agree that that person shouldn't wear that style of clothing.

How is this any different? It is different because no one else shares my view, what I said is no less hurtful then making fun of someone's clothing choice &/or weight & how they look in it.
Well, it's different because they don't go into threads specifically made for people wearing skinny jeans and telling them that they're unattractive?

You came into a thread SPECIFICALLY FOR PREGNANT LADIES/MOTHERS and went on about how unattractive pregnant ladies are.

ETA: Apparently I have missed some pretty lame threads, cause I'm not remembering a thread complaining about people in Walmart wearing skinny jeans.. :rofl1:

Paige

Let it be
Did I share my small feat fro myesterday? Tandem wearing Briggs and Blake to and from the playground. I even managed to get a very grumpy Briggs onto my back.

darkchild16

We are Home.
Well, it's different because they don't go into threads specifically made for people wearing skinny jeans and telling them that they're unattractive?

You came into a thread SPECIFICALLY FOR PREGNANT LADIES/MOTHERS and went on about how unattractive pregnant ladies are.

ETA: Apparently I have missed some pretty lame threads, cause I'm not remembering a thread complaining about people in Walmart wearing skinny jeans.. :rofl1:
This times 1000% and I cant remember ever commenting on it except if it is something that should not be acceptable as in going to the grocery store in a large holed mesh shirt and shorts that may as well be panties. That is not the place for it. If the establishment requires a customer to be clothed they should be and not in underwear.

darkchild16

We are Home.
Did I share my small feat fro myesterday? Tandem wearing Briggs and Blake to and from the playground. I even managed to get a very grumpy Briggs onto my back.

Again. Rock it mama! I remember our first tandem <3 Tandeming a boy Briggs size and Blakes size is a feat and you are one awesome mom for doing it!

Grab

I'm having a really difficult time gathering whether you're being intentionally dense or if you're actually that oblivious. I am not certain what would be more sad.

No one cares if you think pregnant bodies are hideous. No one cares if you ever have children. We all have opinions. What is being taken offense to is that you are in a thread for and about pregnancy. You're in a thread meant for people to discuss diapers, feeding and the like and have taken every opportunity to tell people how gross it is and to insinuate as to how stupid they were to reproduce. Because, after all, who would want to carry a fetus around, have a belly, feed a kid and deal with normal bodily functions.

You seem to be surprised that no one shares your view when, again, you are essentially in a 'yayyy pregnancy' thread.

If people went into a 'How awesome is it to wear ill fitting clothing while shopping at Walmart?!" thread and blasted people for their clothing choices, they too would not be thought well of.

darkchild16

We are Home.
I'm having a really difficult time gathering whether you're being intentionally dense or if you're actually that oblivious. I am not certain what would be more sad.

No one cares if you think pregnant bodies are hideous. No one cares if you ever have children. We all have opinions. What is being taken offense to is that you are in a thread for and about pregnancy. You're in a thread meant for people to discuss diapers, feeding and the like and have taken every opportunity to tell people how gross it is and to insinuate as to how stupid they were to reproduce. Because, after all, who would want to carry a fetus around, have a belly, feed a kid and deal with normal bodily functions.

You seem to be surprised that no one shares your view when, again, you are essentially in a 'yayyy pregnancy' thread.

If people went into a 'How awesome is it to wear ill fitting clothing while shopping at Walmart?!" thread and blasted people for their clothing choices, they too would not be thought well of.
This a thousand times THIS!

Honestly I could care less if you wear ill fitted clothes but make sure your private areas are covered since its usually a rule for any store I go into.

Romy

Taxiderpy
FWIW, pregnancy actually enhanced my body. For reals. Before I was really lean and toned, but didn't have much of a figure. After two kids, I'm still really lean and toned. Got away with no stretch marks or varicose veins, but now I actually have boobs! :rofl1:

Even if it "ruined" my looks (which I don't think is possible to do to someone. Someone could have a mastectomy or whatever and still be gorgeous) it would be a million times worth it to have my children. They are the most amazing people in the world and I'm blessed to share my life with them. <3

Romy

Taxiderpy
I don't have any suggestions but after reading through that and this: http://www.babycenter.ca/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/pelvicgirdlepain/ I'm reasonably certain I don't just have "back pain" like my awful first doctor said. Ugh. I've been getting little lightning bolt tingle pains down the insides of my legs and pain in my back/pelvis. Is that what you have? Honestly the main thing that bothers me is that I CAN'T lay on my back - because once I do I have a really hard time turning because it hurts so bad. And I don't really want to lay on my back but it's a necessary step for turning from one side to the other (and reading in bed).
It's not really good to lay on your back during pregnancy anyway because the uterus will put too much pressure on the big artery along your spine.

I had that really bad with both kids, mostly in my leg/hip that was previously injured.

A really good chiropractor that was familiar with treating pregnant women helped a lot. I had two pregnant massages but that was really early on before the shooty pains started.

What helped the most was laying on my side with a nice fluffy pillow between my knees. And flinching a lot when shooty pains happened. lol

I must say, if my body goes to hell and someone like you takes issue with how I look, it would not make me feel bad for a second.

What's sad to me is people who live such vain and shallow and conceited lives that they place more value on the looks of their fellow woman than their hearts.

I think your views on pregnancy, motherhood and what really matters in the grand scheme of things are sad, shallow and, quite frankly, rather pathetic. (No offense.)

"The truest characters of ignorance are vanity and pride and arrogance."
Samuel Butler

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I don't recall using the word disgusting.

I have liberal left winged views on the subject, & I expressed them. I I have an issue with it, I do not care for kids, I do not understand why someone would want to have them which is all I said.
Ok let me try to present this another way...

you mentioned in another thread about how you got a bunch of flack for not wanting kids and you didnt' like it.

Well... now you are the one giving flack for people wanting kids. You are BEING the people you complained about.

Taqroy

This is going to be an extremely random assortment of quotes that caught my eye. Lol.

LOVE. I want to do wraps and slings in the worst way. What would you recommend for a complete noob? I'm probably going to make a wrap and we will be buying a soft structured carrier for hiking and whatnot, but I also want something...I think the term is poppable? Would a ring sling work for that?

Pretty much this. If you don't get it after everyone's been beating you with clue by fours, you're either really oblivious or trolling.

It's not really good to lay on your back during pregnancy anyway because the uterus will put too much pressure on the big artery along your spine.

I had that really bad with both kids, mostly in my leg/hip that was previously injured.

A really good chiropractor that was familiar with treating pregnant women helped a lot. I had two pregnant massages but that was really early on before the shooty pains started.

What helped the most was laying on my side with a nice fluffy pillow between my knees. And flinching a lot when shooty pains happened. lol
I was talking to my new doctor about this - she said that I shouldn't run into any problems until 26 weeks. Laying on my back makes me feel like my hips are out of alignment. I had problems with it pre-pregnancy but only when laying on a hard surface. Maybe it's an adjustment issue?

My current favorite position is on my left side with my right leg pulled up as far as I can get it. I've kneed Matt in the back three or four times in the middle of the night LOL.

I must say, if my body goes to hell and someone like you takes issue with how I look, it would not make me feel bad for a second.
Word.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I think we're reading two different things.

Saying 'Oh I just have a different opinion than you' when you insult someone is a cop out imo.

This.

There is a different between being honest, and being a total bitch.
the different ladies and gentleman is TACT. With perhaps some manners and empathy for other human beings if you have any.

Sadly, those (like me) who don't think kids are in their future.. are judged HARSHLY because of people like you who don't want them and go out of their way to be rude to those who do.

Nobody cares if you don't want kids or don't like the idea of pregnancy.
but to go out of your way to make those who have made that choice feel bad, is rude and pathetic.

Do you have any idea how many mothers suffer from post partum depression or become seriously depressed while they are pregnant? Many. Being a mother and creating a child INSIDE YOUR BODY is not easy.
I would sincerely hope that you keep your remarks to yourself in public and try not to add to their troubles with your horrible attitude.

Your body WILL CHANGE. Sorry, that's nature. Get pregnant or not..it will change. So I highly suggest you get off your high horse and stop judging others based on their BMI score and start to work on the issues you very obviously have going on inside of that body of yours.

I understand you are in a less than healthy relationship and that has likely changed your views on how you see yourself, others, happy people..and probably soured you to a lot of it.
but taking it out on others is not going to help you.

I would highly suggest you get some professional help.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Fine, whatever I'm out, I'm sure that'll make all of you happy.

Look I said I was sorry for being insensitive ok? Geeze it's you guys who won't forget it, we'll I forget it, I'm done.

But you didn't apologize, not really.
You tiptoed around it, tried to justify it, explain it away, deflect the issue. Not really signs of feeling contrite IMO.

Members online

No members online now.