need some advice for a friend about whelping chihuahua's

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
*fingers crossed on the false alarm...*
unfortunatly being in the breed for so long ive seen it all...
chis are an amazing breed, but being in the breed is both a joy and a heartbreak! even the best of breeders will loose pups, and even bitches.

in terms of diet...
a high quality puppy food (no corn no by-products) during pregnancy should provide her enough in terms of protein and fat. the way i was raised the girls got 1 fresh/organic egg scrambled (just egg no salt/butter/milk ect) with a little bit of calcium supliment. (they LOVE their eggs).

bubbatd

Extra calcium and protein is so important ! I put my females on puppy chow and added egg and cottage cheese .

tjedt

i totally agree they are an amazing breed and very addictive too i already want another one and its only been 2 weeks but i am so in love and it is like having a new human baby in the house!!

and since im not having any more of those lol i might as well get a chi :)

if anyone knows of a good reputable breeder in toronto or near by area i would love to know of one.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Ok, inexperienced was the wrong word.
Idiotic people who refuse point blank to educate themselves about dogs and go and take on a toy deserve to be beaten with a 2x4! As you can tell, I am passionate about this subject!

~Tucker&Me~

OP,
Just wanted to mention that although there is lots of negativity in this thread, it is very good of you to step up to the plate and try to do right by someone else's dog. You're a good person for trying to make this woman see that it is very possible she could lose her dog.

Props to you :)

~Tucker

KenyiGirl

Navy Sister
I just wanted to say that I do not support abortion at all, I believe that unborn babies have souls. But that goes for humans, animals are something else entirely. I don't believe animals have souls, so I would have no problem taking the pup in for an emergency spay. That's definitely the best option here.

Kayota

I don't believe animals have souls

Why not? They're living things with feelings as well. They aren't as stupid as they look. However though I wouldn't do an abortion ON MYSELF I would have no problem with getting an e-spay or someone else having an abortion. I suppose it's all a matter of opinion.

tjedt

hi just came to give everyone an update and say thanks TUCKER well her chi WAS pregnant and she had a free whelp of 2 beautiful pups and they are 8 weeks now and have grown up beautiful and strong!!

she was very lucky but i have to say i couldn't be there to support her threw this as i didnt feel her choice was the right one.
but she did keep me updated and understood my decision.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Thanks for the update and I'm glad things went well. I hope your friend learns her lesson though and gets her dog spayed.

Members online