Tate

I lost Tate in 1997. She was hit by a neighbor's car. Everyday she would walk with me to my bus stop at the end of our drive way. She would be there when I got home also. Well The morning she was hit I decided to let her sleep instead of calling out "Time for school" which was the way she know it was time to go. Standing in the doorway to my bedroom, wathing her sleep was the last time I saw her alive. I still feel giulty for not taking her with me that morning. I will never know if that is way she was out by the road so early that afternoon. I hope she knows I love her and miss her with every breath. She was my best friend and will always be.

Barb04

Super Moderator
So sorry to hear what happened to Tate. Try to remember all the good times you shared.

lilly

did you get a new dog yet?if so i already know he or she will not ever take ther place of Tate in your heart!i fell soooo bad for you!

nedim

I hope you feel better. Try to remember the positives. Think of how Tate would want to be remembered.

I have always tried to think of the good times which isn't very hard since there is alot of them. I have not had the space for another dog untill now. I have lived in one- bedroom apartments off and on since then. I wanted a "BIG" backyard for him/her. I have two cats for now. I have the yard but will be waiting on getting a dog until my 5 month old son is older and untill I know we can afford a dog. I would hate to get one and then have to give him/her up because I could not afford to give him/her the care needed.You are right I love my "demons" but they are not like Tate. I feel she will live on in her family's heart.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i think she showed up the day Bin died..it is strange that on that day..tho i didn't know he had passed..i had both on my mind..drug out the photo books..scanned some pics and posted..just a feeling i had but it is the truth. She loved Bin so!

Members online