Best Dog for Shows/Breeding?

Fandogg

What breed wins the most dog shows do you think? (please don't give me well, it depends blah blah blah) I know that... But really what dog breed wins the most. Plus what dog is the best for breeding and selling overall like what dog is going to cost the most ect.

NO DANCING AROUND THE QUESTIONS! Straight answers.

pitbulliest

Leave breeding to the experts...if you're going to want to breed dogs for the money...then reconsider and go apply for a job at the mall...because if you decide to breed for the reasons I'm assuming you want to breed, then you'll just be adding to the problem of backyard breeders and puppy mills...oh GOD FORBID!

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
pitbulliest said:
Leave breeding to the experts...if you're going to want to breed dogs for the money...then reconsider and go apply for a job at the mall...because if you decide to breed for the reasons I'm assuming you want to breed, then you'll just be adding to the problem of backyard breeders and puppy mills...oh GOD FORBID!
I agree totally! Well said Pitbulliest! :D

If you're breeding properly and ethically, it's not much of a money making proposition. You breed for the love of the breed and the betterment of the breed and for the satisfaction of knowing that you're making a direct contribution to the welfare of the breed you love.

Breeding purely for profit is just unethical, irresponsible, careless and morally reprehensible.

Vickih

Fandogg said:
(please don't give me well, it depends blah blah blah) I know that...
I find this post a little rude considering you're asking for our help!

bubbatd

AMEN !!!!!! This is how good breeds are ruined. They become popular and then the HS is full of them.....Collies from Lassie, Dalmations from the movie, German Shepards from Rin-tin-tin, I could go on and on .......

EliNHunter

Chihuahuas from Taco Bell. St. Bernards from Beethoven. The best thing I've noticed hollywood starting to do more is use mutts. Anyone see Winn Dixie yet???? It's SO GOOD!! :D

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Fandogg said:
What breed wins the most dog shows do you think? (please don't give me well, it depends blah blah blah) I know that... But really what dog breed wins the most. Plus what dog is the best for breeding and selling overall like what dog is going to cost the most ect.

First off I am one very against dog shows. And second off being a breeder of Sibes and Chins I will tell you first hand sicne you sounds like you just want to be making money off the breeding. If you breed responsibly you will find that all the expenses of breeding and then caring for the ***** and puppies all the supplies vet visits and such the amount you make on your pups will in no way make up for what you spent on the initial breeding and such. PLease Please read my reply to past breeding topics on this thread I will list what all you have to do to do this responsibly.

Please Please reconsider this it sounds like you getting into this for all the wrong reasons. The right reasons would be to better the breed or presserving it (thats why I breed). You sound like you only want to show and breed to make money VERY wrong.

ok I've said my peice.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
EliNHunter said:
Chihuahuas from Taco Bell. St. Bernards from Beethoven. The best thing I've noticed hollywood starting to do more is use mutts. Anyone see Winn Dixie yet???? It's SO GOOD!! :D
That dogs not a mutt its a Picardy Shepherd like my brothers dog Zero (he got the dog before the movie even was advertised and it is neutered ;) )

EliNHunter

Love4Pits said:
That dogs not a mutt its a Picardy Shepherd like my brothers dog Zero (he got the dog before the movie even was advertised and it is neutered ;) )
You're kidding!!!! I haven't even heard of that breed! (slinking off to do research now...) :(

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
me too seems we have been getting alot of those lately. I wish people would come back and actually listen to us all and say something anything.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
EliNHunter said:
Me thinks this was a "post and run" thread to just stir us up?? :eek:
Do people do that?!! What can they hope to gain from it?!!

Sometimes they don't hear what they want to hear and just pack up. Ah well, better that than another Blutacky. ;)

And if that poster really wanted to know which dogs have won the most shows, the Westminster site has that info for their shows, which is a pretty good representational number since the top winning dogs show there.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
And I suppose it gets them lots of replies!! Better than no replies I guess in some sort of twisted way!!

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Its hard for me because I pour my heart out to posts especially about breeding and this being the third one that after i have done so i havent heard from the person sense. I still wonder about that girl who's mum was wanting to breed he "mini" doxie.... But i guess its like what Renee has told me even if the person I originally gave the info to doesent read or take my advice somebody else might.

Members online