What Breed is Your Next Dog Going To Be?

F

fastpitchchic

When it's time to get another dog, I will most definately get a Great Dane. Not sure if I will get one from a rescue or a breeder.

there are a number of breeds i'm interested in right now. it's doubtful that i'd buy a pup from a breeder, so it'll depend on what shows up in the shelter or in a rescue at the right time.

current short list: doberman, border collie, standard poodle, shar pei, (another) pit bull

if the akc ever decided to open their performance sports up to mixed breeds, i'd go in for a grade a all-american mutt.
standards (poodles) are pretty easy to find in rescue groups.
Most people want the small "cute" ones.

Everytime I look at a rescue site they have a number of standards available

Elissa

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I can't say. I love many breeds but knowing me I'll end up with a dog by chance and it might be a breed I'm not expecting or it may be a mixed breed. I don't know. What happens will happen and I'll know when it does.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Australian Shepherd!! Ahhh it'll be a wonderful day when I finally get one. Though that mostly depends on where I'm living, I mean if I'm in a townhouse or something I'd get a breed that's not as energetic...but as soon as it's possible, definitely an Aussie, lol.

Well I guess it'll really be another boxer, when Molly dies...if we can find an adult at the shelter, I reallyyyyy do *not* want a puppy!

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
Well my *next* dog will actually be my FIRST dog of my own, and probably won't be for a few year yet but we'll see. It'll be a Newfoundland. I know a great breeder that I have a good relationship with already, and I LOVE her dogs, I can't wait :)

Edit to add, the dog will be a housepet, but I'd love to get into water rescue, even if it's just for fun not competitive.

Last edited:

mrose_s

BusterLove
i am planning on my next dog to be a kelpie. i want to put it in agility, obediance, fly ball and herding trials.
but that won't be for about 10 years or more. i got my buster for a long time and he'd die of jelousy if i got another dog.

Toller_08

*sigh*...I'm sooo undecided on which breed I'm going to get next. I've had my heart set on a Toller for years and would still really, really love to have one in 2008 as planned. However, I love Belgians almost as much as I do Tollers and have been thinking of getting a Tervuren or Groenendael instead. I'll be living on my own and want a dog that will protect me if need be, instead of bark and hide as Tollers tend to do. I obviously don't want a dog simply for protection. There are many other qualities I love about the Belgians. The security thing is just an added bonus. So, I'll either be getting a Toller or a Belgian for my next dog. Currently I'm really leaning towards a Tervuren and that is probably what I'll end up getting. I just love Tollers so much though, and it's hard deciding between the two breeds. I know I'll still have plenty of Tollers 'down the road' though, even if I don't get one in a couple years as planned.

Like I said above, my next dog will probably be a Terv. My next dog will be a companion, aswell as an agility, SAR, obedience, and RallyO dog. Showing would be an added bonus too, but if I don't end up with a show quality dog, I don't mind at all. The sports and such are more important to me.

mrose_s

BusterLove
yeah that got me. i'd love to have GSPointer or Irish setter or english setter or anyother ACD. but i think i'll go kelpie first.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
I think eventually I would like to get a Smooth Collie. I really think the Collie was the right dog for me. I am really enjoying this dog and she fits into the family perfectly. She's a little bit of the clown, a little bit of the diva. I little bit of the baby, and sooooooooo affectionate. She lights up every room she enters. I'm so glad I took my time and did my research before picking a breed. I was torn between Smooth and Rough, so I think I will eventually have both. But for now, I want to give the attention needed for Tosca to grow and learn.

I was just wandering if you know what breed your next dog would be? :D

And what is the dog going to be for.....Family Pet....Show/Pet Dog....Working/Pet Dog....ect.

I think my next dog is going to be a Golden Retriever!!

And I'd REALLY like to show/handle this Golden....so I think it will be a show/pet Golden! :D

What About You? :)
I will get whatever dog finds me! But I have always had a love for black chows and great danes. It will be a rescued dog and also a forever pet!

Well, my bf wants a Koolie and I think I'd have to agree with him, I do like koolies. It would be working cattle of course, unless I can convince him to let me take it to agility :D

Rubylove

Training the Trainer
Well, we always swore we would rescue our next dogs. So at least one will be a rescue - and probably the most needy one we can find.

After that (and you'll be happy Doberluv) it would be a Doberman. For sure. That's if we didn't get another Australian Labradoodle, or a Standard Poodle. Ahhh, or a beautiful German Shepherd. So many breeds - why are you only allowed two dogs in this country???? :D

rij73

I think I'd always get a needy homeless mutt! There are few breeds that are the size I like, and those that are aren't particularly compatible with me. I hope to get into agility with Hudson because I think he'd have great fun with it. What I do with any future dog will just depend on his personality. He'd primarily be a companion.

It will be a looong time, though.

B

Bobsk8

I will adopt another homeless mixed breed since the one I have now is the best dog I have ever had.

Members online