What's home to you?

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I can't find a single indoor picture that doesn't have the dogs as the main subject (thus, can't even see the inside!)- I'll try to remember to snap a few tonight.
Just took a few pictures with my iphone. The blue lighting is from our 90G saltwater aquarium. Haha.

Living room:

photo-46 by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Every single doorway in our house is an archway. We have a ton of archway cutouts, too, for little "windows" from rooms.

photo-47 by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Looking towards the front door:

photo-48 by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Our pub room, in progress. We have sitting chairs on the side you can't see. We're going to finish it when we get home from vacation:

photo-49 by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Den! Fireplace is on the wall you can't see:

photo-50 by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Fireplace and tree from our first Christmas, I think:

I don't have kitchen, dining area, or most of the upstairs pictures. Here are some of the Chihuahua room (which is upstairs):

20120317-DSC_6521 by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

20120317-DSC_6515 by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Here is most of my iddy bitty studio :) I live in Boston, it's 280 square feet.

Before Merlin arrived lol

I'll be moving soon thanks to a nasty rent increase..but I love my little apartment! Such a great location, lovely brownstone building..

Um. I'm going to just pretend that I live where you live and call it a day.
Yes, this exactly, haha. I think I've said before that I want your life or you have my dream life or something, and this just strengthens the notion!

I'm not really sure where home is right now, between Mexico or Washington or school... and that makes me sad. I don't want to lose two "homes" (and associated feelings) when I inevitably settle into one (likely college) over the other 2. Transitional periods are a pain :rolleyes:

I guess this has the strongest pull as home:

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I love all your guys' living spaces :)

I don't think I really have any pictures of mine beyond what ends up in the background of photos and a couple before/after pics of renovations.

We still have a long "to do" list on core renovations :/

JacksonsMom

OMG want your house badly.

Well, I actually just took pictures of Jackson yesterday where you can see our house, sooo if you don't mind a derpy dog in the front of it... here it is:

[/URL]

We have 3 acres and then behind us is a 90 acre farmland.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
This is the wee little bungalow myself, Finnegan, and the ferrets are moving to next Saturday!! Obviously empty right now. Though the family room is starting to get loaded up with small boxes. <3

The front... mind all the yards, it's just barely spring here and these photos were taken last week. Eager to landscape!

The backyard... that dirted area in the back will be seeded.

The shed is now gone, more room for Finn to run about!

My kitchen... easily my favourite part of the entire house.

Bathroom, superpowered water pressure (that I can turn down for FinnBaths) and a whirlpool tub big enough for two. <3

The wee little family room in the front area... will be for the ferrets, for Yuffie while she's with me, a couch, and my reclining reading chair.

Another view of the kitchen/eating area/front door/family room.

The bedrooms are all wee, about this size... perfect for my bedroom, my office, and a spare bedroom.

And a full finished basement with HUGE laundry area, entertainment area, and a spare little room for ferret playtime and a messy-art-area.

I am so, so eager to move in and start enjoying my little space. <3

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I'm currently "between homes". Certainly wouldn't call my apartment home. I'll be moving in to Mike's apartment over the course of the next few weeks, and once we get everything cleaned and organized I'll have to take some pictures.

However, I definitly still consider my parent's house "home".

I was looking, and I don't have any pictures of like, the house...but I do of the yard.

Our backyard (from the dining room windows):

Left side yard:

Part of the front yard (from out front door):

Our right side yard is our orchard, and I don't have any pictures of that.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
And, just because:

This is my view from my apartment that I'm moving out of...(not in the best part of town, all concrete, no open spaces...although I love ze kitty!):

This is the view out of the front door at Mike's apartment (although the grass is now patchy due to the construction work):

And me peaking out the window to show the side yard:

For some reason, I like it much better. LOL

RBark

Got Floof?
This is home! And yes, I am OCD about cleanliness. Don't hate.

Living Room

Kitchen

The bar! And some Slurm on top of it! Also, token duck to hopefully attract a retriever to my house for keepsies.

Family room

Dining Room

Kitchen table

CaliTerp07

RBark, that's gorgeous! I love it!

Here's my house, in Northern Virginia (about 15 miles outside DC).

Front living room (the windows on the left side of the house)

Through the door way into the dining room

Around the corner into the "this is why we were able to afford our house" kitchen (that will be remodeled in the *hopefully* near future...gahhh it's so ugly)

And through the kitchen into the family room (where we spend most of our time):

We do have a fully finished basement with a laundry room, storage, workshop, and additional family room space, but most of the time it looks like this (with all the furniture pushed against the walls because the weather sucks outside and I want to practice agility):

Finally, we have a this-will-be-the-death-of-me yard that is impossible to do anything with unless I want to spend at least $10k. But it now has a dog walk that I found on Craiglist. Hooray for a good use for my loooooong narrow terraced yard!

Oh, and the deck. I heart the deck. Rocking chairs, beer in hand...perfect way to relax after a long work week.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
This is the place I call home. :) I will post better pictures of the outside and some of the inside tonight or tomorrow because we are having new furniture delivered today! I'm so excited!

RD

Are you dead yet?
No photos of my home, currently. It's a two-bedroom apartment in kind of a ghetto part of Ashtabula, Ohio.

Mexico is still, in part, home to me. I miss its beauty.

My old house/apartment behind Eve:

Ha! I live in a house approximately the size of a birdhouse and it is full of clutter and pet hair. I ain't posting pictures after that. :p

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
RD, I'm so jealous.

LOL We're fixing up a trashed rental that we bought, it's approximately one giant room with crooked doors. :p

This is it the day we bought it.

I don't have a lot of updated photos but we:
  • planted four fruit trees some flowering plants
  • re-did (read: are re-doing) the grass
  • cleaned the front cement with plans of painting it
  • tore up the floors
  • put down new floors
  • painted
  • tore out the entire kitchen
  • put in a new kitchen (read: in the process)
  • need more cabinets & backsplash & oven/fridge
  • added blinds & screens
  • fixed the fence
  • plan to re-do the fence
  • regularly battling bugs and weeds
  • plan to re-do the front and back doors
  • need to re-tile the bathroom
  • need to replace the toilet & sink
  • would like to pull out the tub/shower shell and put in something new
  • plan to add barn doors to the bedroom closets
  • and well.. that might be all.

By then I think we'll just rent it out and buy another house.

We re-did our home in Vegas though it was in better shape and we didn't do as much. It's a rental at this time now as well, we may sell it eventually or we may keep it as an income property.

Here are a few photos:
Before:

After:

We put in new carpet upstairs, painted, re-did window treatments, re-did the kitchen, and did a lot to the yard.

Mostly I miss this faucet. LOL

And we stripped the pool and added this, we miss the pool.

It appears I mostly have up-close photos from the projects and not a lot of scene shots without my dogs as the main subjects.

Members online

No members online now.