What are you going to do with your dog's remains?

What are you going to do with your dog's remains?

• Burial- Backyard/property you or a family member owns

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Burial- Pet cemetary

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cremation- Urn

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Cremation- jewelry or life gem

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Cremation- tattoo memorial with ashes

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Taxidermy

• Freeze dry preservation

• Unsure- no idea

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters

Flyinsbt

Nothing, really, I'm not sentimental about remains. I get the general cremation at my vet, where I don't get ashes back. With Elmo, they made a mistake and actually sent me the ashes, which I've never been able to figure out what to do with.

I have memories and photos, that's all I need.

Toller_08

Pictures and a belonging are preferable to me. We've never kept the remains of or buried any of our dogs.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Nothing, really, I'm not sentimental about remains. I get the general cremation at my vet, where I don't get ashes back. With Elmo, they made a mistake and actually sent me the ashes, which I've never been able to figure out what to do with.

I have memories and photos, that's all I need.
This is what ours is. They get cremated with the other animals that passed that day, and they just happen to go to a pet cemetery.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I really don't know. All my past dogs have been buried. I think I might get Chloe cremated though, and spread her ashes somewhere beautiful and sunny. I couldn't keep them. For Violet, I guess it will be up to my parents. It was extremely hard on me when we buried Princess, our Silky Terrier, so I don't know if I could do that again.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
We will definitely bury them on either our land, or if we don't feel we will be there for a long period of time, then cremation, eventually spreading them over where future dogs and horses are buried. We will probably do a nice photo album of their life, plus their collar with tags and just keep it in a special place.

I'm doing memorial tattoos over the expanse of my shoulders, with my horse, Romeo (who is still very much alive, but not with me), on my left shoulder; my future heart horse on my right. I'm very excited to get Romeo's done, as I saved almost all of his shoes, and am getting the horseshoe the exact size that his is. Dog paw prints with names sort of overlapping down my spine. If I ever run out of room, I will just relocate.

Dekka

Just try me..
Well...

Kat is cremated. I will have Dekka cremated too. Both will be buried with me.

I like the idea of a life gem, but I just lost a sapphire in my ring the other day. Can you imagine losing a life gem!?

I also want a tattoo of my dogs, but not as a remembrance, because they are cute lol

Airn

Burial on family owned land, probably.

But, whatever is cheapest, honestly. I'm not a very sentimental person. I might do cremation and scatter the ashes somewhere. Ashes in a jar in my house would just creep me out.

This is the same for humans, too. To me, it is not that dog/person/cat/whatever anymore, it is a lifeless body.

The tattoo idea is interesting. I've never heard of that before.

Whatever works for you.

Saeleofu

I will cremate and put some ashes in cremation jewelry. The rest will either be scattered somewhere special and/or put in an urn of some sort.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
When Mitsu passed away suddenly we took her up to a mountian and found a beautiful tree that we would remember and we Barried her underneath it. We took the guns up as well and shot off a few rounds to get some anger and pain out. And we just had a lovely good buy service. My parents where visiting when it happened and they loved Mitsu just as much as we do so it was a comfort for them to be there.

When it comes for teagans time, we probably will do the same thing. Find some special spot.

Saeleofu

This is what ours is. They get cremated with the other animals that passed that day, and they just happen to go to a pet cemetery.
At my vet the bodies get sent to Animal Control and mass cremated with the euthanized shelter animals and roadkill, and I don't know where the ashes ultimately end up. Not a pet cemetary. That said, that's what my parents chose to do with their last dog. My last dog (childhood dog) is buried in the back garden.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
I had my old Doberman cremated and I have his ashes in a wooden box. I also have his main collar with his tags in a shadow box, along with a picture. I'd like to do something with his ashes rather than just keep them, but I haven't decided what yet.

I'm sure I'll get Rumor cremated as well, but I'd like to actually do something with the ashes. I haven't really thought much about it. She has to live forever.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
At my vet the bodies get sent to Animal Control and mass cremated with the euthanized shelter animals and roadkill, and I don't know where the ashes ultimately end up. Not a pet cemetary. That said, that's what my parents chose to do with their last dog. My last dog (childhood dog) is buried in the back garden.
Yah, I think it's the vet owner of the clinic that owns the cemetery. I've never seen it myself, its just out of town, but I think its technically just a field they get spread over.

I allowed Argon's remains to be taken for mass cremation.

When my precious blue Puss persian died, I did have thoughts of having him taxidermied, with a pair of gargoyle wings mounted on the back, and bringing him out for Halloween to scare kids with. He was such an A$$ cat that it's exactly what he would have wanted. :rolleyes:

Catsi

Goodness, I was just discussing this with my parents two days ago.

I'm just about to move 1100km away from home and I'm taking the two dogs. My own girl, Abby and the 'family' dog, Grace. We've decided not to separate them because they are so good for each other. Abby keeps Grace young and active and Grace really helps Abby's frame of mind. We just had to decide who the dogs were coming to live with. And it's turned out to be me, which I am very grateful and excited for. This could change if they don't transition well or mum and dad change their mind down the track, but that's the plan so far.

What to do with their remains came up because we are going to be living so far away and I'd really like them to 'come home' to their final resting place at my parents'. They have lived there all their lives. And all my past pets - cats, dogs, chooks and birds - rest there. So it'll be cremation and urn until I can travel down and then the ashes will be put in the backyard somewhere. Our other dogs have trees planted as well, so I imagine the same for these two.

Cremation. Right now i just have them in my office, with their collar.

Although i'm not sure what i'm going to do with all the boxes when it's time for me to go.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
In the past we have buried dogs at home. Now we are moving and I have to say it's going to be weird leaving them.

In the future I would do burial at home if we were very settled and in love with our home with no plans to move. Or I would do cremation and have the ashes made into jewelry.

GipsyQueen

Gipsy was solo-cremated and buried in our yard in a place where she had the same view as when she looked out the window to watch with neighbourhood.

Lyzelle

Solo-cremation. Tattoo minus the ashes.

I feel like I'd want to save everything, and have the option of having the jewelry or urn, or whatever I want. I wouldn't want to bury him. But I do want his ashes and maybe some of his fur.

Other animals/pets are buried in my mom's backyard.

Members online

No members online now.