Differences between KANGAL and ALABAİ dogs

cagi

Here are some photos to see the differences between ALABAİ and KANGAL dogs:

KANGAL:

ALABAİ:

Please you put here the pictures and knowledge that you find about KANGAL and ALABAİ and let us know more about these dogs..

Alabai are dogs ONLY bred in Turkmenistan.

Central Asian Shepherd dogs cover the entire RACE of breeds.

The 3rd dog does NOT represent a working Shepherd dog but a new modern rep of the breed NOT used for working.

Kangals are a pure bred breed of dog now they are selected to look like a certain type for a long time. They come from One country Turkey.

Shepherd dogs of Central Asia come in many colors, many types, many sizes , many shapes and many countries.

Visit this new site http://www.alabaiusa.com

They have some new English versions of the types and working abilites varied in Central asian shepherd dogs

alabaiusa

Here are some photos to see the differences between ALABAİ and KANGAL dogs:

ALABAİ:

Please you put here the pictures and knowledge that you find about KANGAL and ALABAİ and let us know more about these dogs..
This great looking alabai is the granddad of our male :)

hanslynch

I did not know what a Kangal as until a few months ago. Wow, what an impressive breed!! I am a huge fan of larger breeds and after seeing videos of Kangals in action i was amazed.

Would it be fair to say that Kangals attract their fair share of amateurs? All I know is if you go on YouTube, you can post a video of any "tough" breed, and eventually someone will come along and say "a Kangal would kill that dog." (It doesn't seem to matter if you're posting a video of your dog hunting, playing, or even sleeping. Someone always wants to come with a bigger, badder dog to "beat" yours.) I always thought of them as shepherds, not as a fighting dog. But evidently some people are so smitten with these guys that they're pushing them as the ultimate killer dog.

BTW, my dogs certainly appreciated the growling on that site. They're running back and forth, looking for the other dog. :lol-sign:

Pops2

the turks say the Kangal is the only breed (in Turkey) that can take a wolf one on one.

as to the CAS, CAO single breed, i personally believe it is presuming quite alot to tell many other countries we know more about their dogs than they do. we wouldn't do it to the brits, french or even the japanese but somehow it's okay w/ the turks & other asian countries.

Well this thread was dead for a year so I dont know if anyone is referring too in history.

Kangals are not longer one breed dogs peddled as kangals have different types now.
one for lgd, one for guardians and one for dog figthing.

Native people online are NOT the best people to learn history from.
Especially if they are making money breeding.

History of Central Asia can be found in British books written before the breeds were discovered and removed by the Russians.

My references come from REAL native of areas that do not have a personal interest in breeding dogs or claiming this is MY breed mY dogs etc.
Russian experts that have come here also do NOT peddle the CAO is a property of the motherland you here so often Russian Ovcharka breeders.

All the countries of Central asian provinces etc will not sub divide and lay claim to their version of their native dogs. But no can claim the dogs can stay that pure in major cities AFTER the forced occupation of these areas by the Former USSR.

Discovery some call the rape of the natural world. Once you discovery a native breed and remove it from its native areas it will lose some or not all of its original type and look and later working ability.

THe Russian CAo or SAo and the Turkmen Alabai and the modern Koochee dogs or the Tobets etc are all different varieties of the same FCI labeled breed Central Asian Shepherd dogs.

Knowledge is earned not given based on national heritage.

oplav

Turkish Kangal
Thanks dear

KANGALS!! I highly admire this breed, they are the king of the dogs!
thanks. you are on the right way. Kangals is wonderfull dogs. The world must learn more avout the türkish kangal dogs....

More and more....

Staff online

Members online