More shelter Dogs - Brenna

scob89

DILLIGAF?
I don't have a clue about cats, as the shelter here is a dog only on and the cat one is in the next town. She was not around cats in her previous home, I do know that. What I can do there is take her out to my place on lead and see how she does with the Chickens, if she lungs at them then its a good bet she would not get along with cats.

Brenna is the dominant one of the big ones and Lucky just obeys her.

Potty trained that depends, if you have a pet door then yes, Each dog has their own "pad" as we call it that looks like the inside of a house, the Picture of Chester best show this and she has never gone inside, always down in the gravel area where the dogs are suppose to go at.

I don't think there would be any potty problems if she was let out on a regular basis.

If there is food involved then she knows Sit.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
How many dogs has she been out with? Can you put her out with a group, such as one dominate male, a wanna-be queen, and a total push over? :p Do you think she would be best crate trained (having her own place to go, etc, her safe place)? How old is she? Any history of health problems? What are your policies for out of state adoptions? Do you even adopt out of state?

scob89

DILLIGAF?
We adopt out of state all the time. Most of the adoptions are out of state too.

The shelter is a non funded and not for profit shelter, the adoption fees required would be any vet bills and since she came already spade those would not be much. There is also a freewill donation only if you want to. To find out more about the adoption polices you would have to talk to the owner, I have her email if you really are interested.

As far as health problems I do not know, I would guess that she has not had any problems because there are no scars from any surgery other than being spade.

We don't have a large group of large dogs, we just have her, Chester, and Brenna. Chester like to sideswipe both of them and there have been no problems at all.
In her provious home she was with two small(Yorkie) dogs.

In each pad there is a green doghouse, that is her safe spot that she goes to all the time, should be easy to crate train.

I think that she is middle aged, she does not seem to be an "Old" dog.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
Buddy, YOU are my hero... at least for thinking about it! She looks like she saddest dog in the world. :(

Relocate where only little dog are allowed... what, there are whole towns now that have a weight limit?! Pfft.

Members online