Compulsory microchipping of all dogs in UK by 2016.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Yeah..... Best idea I've heard all year. Not.

Never going to work. Ever.

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/4758/23/5/3

I'm willing to bet all my worldly goods on it!!

Having worked with a particular demographic of the population who like to own multiple dogs and breed for cash, don't train their dogs and change them more often than I change my knickers, most don't even see inside a vets nevermind getting them chipped!

milos_mommy

Eh, it just seems like a more modern version of needing to register and license all dogs with the state. Most people don't do that, either. But it will make the government some money, and that's really what it's for.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Apparently they will chip dogs for free.....

But it costs money to change the chip to a different name address etc.

I had Bodhi chipped as a puppy, and only changed it to my current address when I moved in July, 6 odd years after I moved out my old address with her. Cost me about £15. No one will keep them updated.

So so so many flaws.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I don't like the idea. However, I, like your clients probably, would like to stay under the radar. I don't trust my government to not ban my breed of dog, like your government has. In many dog specific laws vet documents were used against dogs, one of which is in Vegas we were cautious of which vet would turn a blind eye to our "over 4 months old and not neutered" animals.

Color me skeptical at best.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
I'm with Adrianne on this... I just see it as a really easy way to be able to round up particular breeds when they decide to place a ban on them.

Definitely should not be mandatory.

I'm surprised the lobbyists in this country haven't taken advantage of the abductions of children and pushed a law thru making it mandatory to GPS anklet all of the kids in the US. I suppose the UK is just taking it in steps. Dogs first, then try it out on the humans.

The older I get the more I'd love to see most regulations like these just go away. They are money generators and can be used to take advantage of a situation at times, but mostly are worthless, but you can convince enough with a feel good story to push thru the legislation.

I used to be a law abiding citizen, but it seems they pass laws every year that make me a criminal and yet I've never stolen from anybody, killed them, harmed them, have dogs running loose, nusiance animals etc, etc.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
This is one of few things they're doing to "promote responsible dog ownership". The others are no better.

DDA enforceable on private property for one.

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://wales.gov.uk/consultations/environmentandcountryside/121123controlofdogs/?lang=en[/FONT]

Members online

No members online now.