If you like dogs you must support PETA

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
This is just an observation I've noticed...

A lot of people (aside from chazzers and some other dog crazy people I know) tend to think that because I spend so much of my time with dogs, training, etc and because I'm a huge dog lover I must be for PETA also. When I tell them I despise PETA they are completely surprised.

Has anyone else observed/experienced similar?

I figure they just don't truly know what PETA is all about and figure animal loving=PETA supporting.

I had this conversation with someone in my family who had asked me if I wanted something for Christmas where the funds go to support PETA. They meant well and thought the idea would be a way to support my dog interests, but we a bit taken back when I said I in no way support PETA.

Airn

Same. My family thinks I am into all animal organizations. I'm also fairly liberal so they think I love PETA. My uncle hunts and I believe that's where it got started. I don't hunt. I don't like dead animals or killing them or anything like that. So people take that to mean I am against hunting. It's kind if a "If you're not for it, you're against it" situation.

Taqroy

Most people just don't know what PETA is. I think they do a fair job of hiding their crazy and unless you actually look into it, you just assume they're good for animals. I got odd looks at Thanksgiving because I said they were a bunch of nutjobs.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I don't hunt. I don't like dead animals or killing them or anything like that. So people take that to mean I am against hunting. It's kind if a "If you're not for it, you're against it" situation.
This.

People also tend to think I support PETA or maybe they're joking when they say that, but it gets on my nerves sometimes. Just cause I love animals doesn't mean I'm against hunting or for PETA or any of that.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
The only PETA supporters I know are pretentious teenage vegans. :p

Try being a vegetarian & a dog lover! People are shocked that I hate PETA. Except for people who actually are crazy PETA supporters, and think that pets are slaves and no one should own them.

The only PETA supporters I know are pretentious teenage vegans. :p

Try being a vegetarian & a dog lover! People are shocked that I hate PETA. Except for people who actually are crazy PETA supporters, and think that pets are slaves and no one should own them.
D@mn. I keep forgetting. I need to stop all this figuring out what Tallulah's trying to tell me she wants and tucking Kharma's blanket around her when she pokes me to tell me she's cold :doh:

And then there's the whole fixing their food thing . . .

JacksonsMom

Yup, so annoying. My step-dad is always saying stuff about how I'm a PETA lover any time I, God forbid, bring up something about being an advocate for dogs, or any animal, or whatever. It's so annoying. He kind of half jokes about it now, after I've told him a bagillion times I hate PETA, but it's still irritating. Do not automatically assume animal lover = peta freak.

Yup, so annoying. My step-dad is always saying stuff about how I'm a PETA lover any time I, God forbid, bring up something about being an advocate for dogs, or any animal, or whatever. It's so annoying. He kind of half jokes about it now, after I've told him a bagillion times I hate PETA, but it's still irritating. Do not automatically assume animal lover = peta freak.
I guess, by his standards, since he's not active about advocating, that means he stomps puppies for amusement?

It follows the logic he's imposing on you . . . :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.