G'day!

Hello members of Chazhounds!
My name is Miffy or Myf and I live in Australia.
I own an Australian Kelpie and a Jack Russel Terrier.
I look forward to becoming part of your forum community!
Thankyou!

chanda

Hi Miffy and welcome to the forum...

Maybe you can post some pictures of your pet next time. I havent seen an Australian Kelpie before...

This is Lady, the Kelpie. Excuse her crummy collar. She broke hers and that was one lying around the house. This photo is about a year old but she hasnt changed.

And here is Roly Poly, the little Jack russel.

What breeds do you all own?

Dekka

Just try me..
Welcome

There is such a huge range of breeds here.. somewhere there is a thread where people have listed what they have.

But as a fellow JRT owner I will say JRTs rock!! We currently have 3 JRTs which is low for us.. Our Bitch (dekka) is hopefully bred so we will have at least 4 JRTs in the future. We also have 2 long haired whippets and a border collie.

AnitaF

Welcome to the forum, Myf! What cute doggies!

I also have a JRT named Vito and a collie/terrier mix named Barret. Barret isn't feeling very well right now. :(

yassy

Hi,welcome to forum.I too have not seen Australian kelpie but such a nice dogs. I have been to Australia;Perth,Darwin,Gold coast... you have such a nice beautiful beaches with nice view.I like your country. Australia reminds me of me holding koala bears,shaking hands with baby kangaroo,holding baby croc..

But only thing I did not like was Vegemite.My pen pal asked me to try that and I thought it was chocolate and ate it and ewwww.It was not sweet at all.What is it made out from?lol

Anyway,I havee3 years old Pembroke welsh corgi named Palette. She is energetic and we enjoy playing together.I have just clipped her nails,but she was very eager to get it clipped just because I was bribing her tasty treats I never give if not for nail clipping time.She was literally drooling and staring at treats and offered paws voluntarily and waited for the clip sound to go get the treats,lol.

bubbatd

Wellcome to you and your doggies !! I raised Goldens for over 50 years and now only have Ollie ,,,a 1/2 Golden .

Hi,welcome to forum.I too have not seen Australian kelpie but such a nice dogs. I have been to Australia;Perth,Darwin,Gold coast... you have such a nice beautiful beaches with nice view.I like your country. Australia reminds me of me holding koala bears,shaking hands with baby kangaroo,holding baby croc..

But only thing I did not like was Vegemite.My pen pal asked me to try that and I thought it was chocolate and ate it and ewwww.It was not sweet at all.What is it made out from?lol

Anyway,I havee3 years old Pembroke welsh corgi named Palette. She is energetic and we enjoy playing together.I have just clipped her nails,but she was very eager to get it clipped just because I was bribing her tasty treats I never give if not for nail clipping time.She was literally drooling and staring at treats and offered paws voluntarily and waited for the clip sound to go get the treats,lol.
Oh thankyou, I am very proud of Australia, I live down the south of Aus in Victoria.
I think Vegemite is something you have to grow up on.:) I know its made out of a whole heap of yeast extract and some vegetables and spices.
I love corgis!
I have only ever seen one in person, i just spose they arnt as popular.
Its nice to meet you, over the internet anyway;)

yassy

aussiemyf7,

Maybe it will be interesting to investigate on vegemite;how it is made.

I have not seen Welsh corgi or Cardigan corgi in our neighborhood much too. Neighborhood kids make surprising face because my dog is Pembroke corgi so,she does not have tail..and the kids think my dog is puppy. I guess Palette will be puppy forever in their eyes,lol.She is3 years old and in about a couple of months,she becomes 4... I cannot believe she is already 4.Time passes by so fast.

When we visited vet some months ago,we saw one tri colored corgi.It is our first time to see another corgi. I see many Golden Retriever,beagle,doberman pincher etc but have not seen corgi a lot.The tri colored corgi was having quite similar in fur colored pattern and,it was pretty funny looking at the two.It was looking as if my dog is looking at her mirror image.It was strange.

Is your dog breed popular in Australia?

aussiemyf7,

Maybe it will be interesting to investigate on vegemite;how it is made.

I have not seen Welsh corgi or Cardigan corgi in our neighborhood much too. Neighborhood kids make surprising face because my dog is Pembroke corgi so,she does not have tail..and the kids think my dog is puppy. I guess Palette will be puppy forever in their eyes,lol.She is3 years old and in about a couple of months,she becomes 4... I cannot believe she is already 4.Time passes by so fast.

When we visited vet some months ago,we saw one tri colored corgi.It is our first time to see another corgi. I see many Golden Retriever,beagle,doberman pincher etc but have not seen corgi a lot.The tri colored corgi was having quite similar in fur colored pattern and,it was pretty funny looking at the two.It was looking as if my dog is looking at her mirror image.It was strange.

Is your dog breed popular in Australia?
Oh wow, very interesting.
Well there a lot of JRTs where I live, and quite a few Kelpies as we are a little bit rural, big propertys with farming but we are close to shops and everything we need. They are very, very popular out in the big, big farming areas, they are the most popular herding dog over here.

Members online

No members online now.