Rotating Toys?

My mom is a firm believer in rotating dog toys. Leave something out for a few weeks, then put it away, when you get it out, it's like a new toy. Or at least that's her theory. Does anyone else to do this? Is there any truth to it?

Oko

Silence, peasants.
I do that, my dog gets super excited when the old toys come out again-they're like new toys all over again! The exception are the favorite toys-I wouldn't want my prized things taken away, so favorites like 'Funny Duck' are around 24/7 for squeaking enjoyment. A lot of Wesley's toys are out of his reach anyway, and only come down with supervision. He has a habit of shredding and eating, so only the super tough ones are left around.

Toller_08

When I had toy friendly dogs (dogs that didn't destroy toys), I did that. And if Journey remains toy friendly I'll do it with her too. And they thought it was the best ever. They got so excited when new toys came out, even if they were actually old toys they'd already played with a million times before.

Saeleofu

I have some toys they always have access to, like the Jolly Balls (one for inside, one for outside). I don't actually rotate toys, but they tend to lose toys under the couch, under the bed, etc after a few weeks, so I'll dig around and whatever I find comes out and they love it. Then repeat. The end result is the same, I just don't have to think about it :rofl1:

milos_mommy

A lot of people do this, and I think it's a great idea. We don't do it at my house....the dogs just get new toys every few months because they're spoiled as anything.

If for some reason a toy ends up, say, buried in snow outside for three months or stuck in the laundry or something....when it makes it way back into the pile it's a very exciting day!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I do this. Merlin has more toys than he knows what to do with.. when they are all out, he gets kind of bored with all of them. But give him one or two and change them every week? COOLEST THING EVER

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I don't do it because I'm lazy. All the toys are in one basket and now that she knows how to open that basket, she gets to pick whatever she wants, whenever she wants it.

But I have experienced with toys and chews alike, that if it disappears for a while and then reappears... yeah, it is like the most amazing thing on the planet to her. So I definitely think rotating toys helps keep them "new", I just don't like doing it :p

FG167

I don't do it because I'm lazy. All the toys are in one basket and now that she knows how to open that basket, she gets to pick whatever she wants, whenever she wants it.

But I have experienced with toys and chews alike, that if it disappears for a while and then reappears... yeah, it is like the most amazing thing on the planet to her. So I definitely think rotating toys helps keep them "new", I just don't like doing it :p
Same here. I settle for digging "new" toys out from under the couch or bed periodically LOL

I think that's a really neat idea!

I don't really have toys that I could do that with, I tend to keep most play toys up unless directly playing with me (tugs, discs, balls etc.) and just leave out marrow bones and antlers. But if they had a bunch of toys laying out I would totally steal this idea.

He's a bit spoiled. The husband told me that we can't have kids because....can you imagine? Look at all the things we get for the dog (I'm only slightly worse than he is)

This is only a slight look at some of the stuff he has.

Members online

No members online now.