My pooch is injured...

Doberluv

If it's not too deep or needing stiches, just wash with warm, soapy water and rinse once or twice a day until it heals. You can dab a thin layer of Neosporin on it but if he can reach, he'll probably lick it off. Just keep an eye on it and if it gets pussy, take him to a vet. But it will probably heal up fine. I wouldn't use peroxide because that tends to inhibit the growth of new epithelial tissue, it damages regenerating cells. Soapy water is the best because it breaks down surface tension and allows for deeper cleaning. Hope he heals up soon.

adamwehn

Learning Puppy Wrangler
If it's not too deep or needing stiches, just wash with warm, soapy water and rinse once or twice a day until it heals. You can dab a thin layer of Neosporin on it but if he can reach, he'll probably lick it off. Just keep an eye on it and if it gets pussy, take him to a vet. But it will probably heal up fine. I wouldn't use peroxide because that tends to inhibit the growth of new epithelial tissue, it damages regenerating cells. Soapy water is the best because it breaks down surface tension and allows for deeper cleaning. Hope he heals up soon.
That's essentially what the vet I called suggested, thanks much though.

Doberluv

Grammy, you crack me up!

Good Adam. I hate it when they get ouchies. You always wonder if one will get infected, but they hardly ever do. Now cats...that's another thing. I remember my cats getting an absess with the slightest of ouchies. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.