is my mom crazy? Is this safe?!

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
Charlie... well it will be on the top of her head, her ears and her tail... she is toooooo fat to reach around and get her tail. So the licking isnt a problem,

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
no... she really cant get to her own tail.... this dog is FAT! We are working on slimming her down, but we have only had her since Sunday, so unless she loses some SERIOUS weight before halloween, she cannot reach her own tail...

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
the EASIEST way.

take unsweetedn cherry coolaid. use a little bowl to add a few drops of water, (literally 1 drop at a time) and mix throughly untill you have a paste, it should be that, a paste, too runny and itll go everywhere...

now give her a quick rinse through, wetting the areas you want dyed, then squeeze out the excess water, you want the hair damp not dripping. now put the koolaid paste on the areas you want tinting. leave on for as long as shell let you, the longer its on the deeper the colour.
then rinse well.

the coulr should last about 2-4 bathtimes before completly washing out, but fades quickly.

its safe, none toxic, and none perminent. the colour isnt as vibrant as say doing manic panic. but it IS safe!

chalk tends to be dusty and go everywhere and blowpens take alot of work.

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
Foxy... sounds like you have done this before? pictures??? :)
what if in the future we decided to do different colors, use diffferent flavors???

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
i personally havent done it yet, but i plan on pinking ruby for halloween, and this was the method i was told to use by many a chinese crested (and poodle) owner (cresties tend to be sensitive skinned and this method has been good to use on the cresties.

unfortunatly the only pics i have are through another forum, and that would be rude so ill pm you the link if your like....

and yes, different colours = different flavoured coolaid.

for a more perminent look, manic panic IS the best!

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
thanks foxy.... I wonder how that would look one a more frilly hair whereas the crestids have more of a silky hair dont they?

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog

heres a koolaid poodle...the lady that owns this girl keeps her perminently pink by dying her with koolaid once a month so its built up to quite a deep colour...but it gives ya an idea

and if ya want an idea of what different colours look like...
these goat kids (whos coat is a similar texture to a poodles) were all dyed with various flavors of koolaid lol!
these guys were done for an easer benefit for their farm.

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
thank you all so much for the pictures... I think I might try the koolaid then...
But how do I keep the color from getting where i dont want it when I rinse her? Thats what I dont get. I know you make the paste so that when you apply it, it only goes where you want it too, but what about rinsing.

AHHH the groomer is going to freak out... unless it fades out before when she would be groomed again.
lol.. I think she will be groomed right before halloween so we can dye her like the day after groom appointment... then we would have 4 to 6 weeks for it to be gone. The groomer would throw a sh*t fit if she knew we were going to do this....

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
many groomers now offer it as a service lol! thats how pupular it has become...

you want to leave the paste sat on the dog for a while (at least 5 mins) for the colour to take, so just the rinsing doesnt actually stain. but where the paste has been sat for a few does keep the colour :)

Members online

No members online now.