Hyia is learning

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Getting to know you..getting to know all about you.
GG had a nice visit while I had an oil change in the truck.
This is how they were when I got back.

Playing with a leaf since s GG says, you like trees so much.

Mr. Shaffer certainly doesnt' mind.
vid

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Thanks for letting me share. :) I think they have a pretty good friendship developing and they do look good together. Since Mom has a very difficult time seeing due to macular degeneration, it was sweet that Ressie chose that place to rest and chat. Being bright white doesn't hurt a bit either.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
TAke this times 500 and you have SAncho's day. Good thing he still loves his precious, precocious. baby stuffed with oneryness no matter how big he gets.

And it is official, my mantle over my fireplace is for now cleared of all art work and anything else for that matter. Hopefully when he gets bigger, he won't e able to manage a 4 ft leap. He thinks he is the prettiest mantle piece of all.
I bet I have never moved so fast in my life.

vid

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
a camera is a box with a hole in it.

IF your subject matter looks like this, you cannot fail.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
A wlk on the wild side. In the woods for the first time.

WE have always had to stop on the brink before. Dogs can't go to the woods, they are shooting deer down there day after day. Pop pop pop Pop pop pop. It's been going on for a week now.
So Ressie said PLEASE and I said ok. So maybe you would like to come along.
It was a short walk, but very pretty.
Leaving home, checking back just to make sure where he is.

Hey Victor, I can be a pointer too.

Almost to the bottom of the hill.

TAke this dang thing off of me. I want to run. But no fox food will you be. THat means back up the hill we go.

If I can watch the birds I won't be mad anymore.

You have heard of blue dog, I am blue kitten

Next time Hyia you ought to come with us.
Better on a harness then not at all.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
WE had a lovely lovely woods walk today. He chased leaves, found beetles, played on teh wood pile, rolled around on the concrete, chased birds, wasn't annoyed by his harness at all. He had fun, I had fun, and he came when I called him every single time. Made my heart do a happy dance. He doens't struggle about putting the harness on or off, nor does he fight it, even when it gets stuck and I have to untangle it from the tall weeds or branches. THat means we are going to hav more fun outside and that I am not trying to make him something he is not. AS long as he is having fun it's a green light for me. Yay! Sancho complained at the window and I am sorry for that. I wish he could join us too. I don't even know if they make cat harnesses that big or if he would tolerate it for one second. THis has been the best part of my day today.

No tree climbing for awhile, that only works when it is almost nail trimming day. THo the little tree was blown over by the wind which gave it a whole new perspective. Plus it is a very stupid sparrow that almost flies into the cat. Made his day. This was our longest time out too.
A happy boy.

His multi tasking sunny bathing bird watching spot. Here sparrow sparrow do that again.Don't know why he likes my raku area so much.

Last edited:

Zoom

Twin 2.0
He is SO gorgeous! That is a lucky kitty who likes his harness and gets to play outside. Certain Tabbies have decided outside is evil and will not be venturing outside if they can help it.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I called my Mom this morning and told her I am really glad for the photos of her and Ressie together. I am bad, when I take pics I tell her it is just of her hands, and it isnt' always. Mostly but not always. I told her that too. I am as petrified of losing her as I was of losing Mary, and photos are my way of hanging on to everything I never ever want to forget. THe pics of her and Ressie together are some of my most favorites of all. Ressie's new harness was an early birthday present from her and if I hadn't had it, we wouldn't have had yesterday. It is super loose, but that won't last for long.

Sorry Huckleberry doesn't' like his harness. I think the only reason Ressie does, is because we did it every day every day every day from early on. I should have done it with him too when he was here, and I am sorry I didn't. I am hoping we will foster next spring, and if we do and can, I will make sure to introduce all to the harness early. I was going to donate Ressie's outgrown ones, but will hold on to them instead. Finances will determine if doing this again is possible. I put more into the kittens then I had any business doing so.
Even if it was worth every penn

I think he is breath taking, but then again, I am over the top in love with him. Went back and looked at his baby pics this morning, sure didn't start out that way did he. He was a goofy looking baby.

gapeach

Big Mutts
Aww, he's asking Sancho to please play with him in the box! My mom is the same way about taking pictures. And I have to confess when I take them anyway. I finally (almost) have her convinced she should let me take them...because when I am sneaky and get her in a shot....she always has her mouth open.:D

Members online