True Woe

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
My srspuppeh has some srs woes. Her infection/rash/whatever is back, and she can't get into the vet until Wednesday, so 'til then she's stuck with the cone of shame+anti-itch/anti-fungal creme.

She has a sad. :(

Poor thing.

But she got over it. She's getting used to it and it's not bumming her out as much. The first day she wore it, I almost couldn't take it. The expression of utter sadness on her face was almost too much to bare. But thankfully she's much more comfortable with it, now, and has figured out that when she has it on, we all feel bad for her, so she's allowed up on the couch. :rofl1: So she doesn't mind it as much now. :p

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Thank you guys! The cream we've been putting on her is definitely helping and she's gotten used to the cone, so I feel a lot better about it. Can't wait for her appointment tomorrow though, I want to get this solved!

monkeys23

Awww poor girl! She's so cute. I hope she feels better.

Has she been tested for environmental allergies?

Are they still eating TOTW? What kind?
If so I would change her to Acana Pacifica (if you must do kibble), or a rotation of The Honest Kitchen grain free formulas, or (and this would be the best option for a sibe) switch her to homemade prey model raw. I know waaaaaaaaay to many Sibe people who've been forced into raw by their dogs phsyical reactions to processed food, whether its digestive or skin allergy manifestations. Just my two cents from what I've seen and lived with!

And also, my bf's apbt mix has the exact same problems except on her ear, feet, and stomach.... he keeps dumping on creme (this has gone on over four years) instead of changing what she eats... she has a myriad of other food related health issues, but he feeds her the crappiest purina crap you can buy, so obviously Violet is not in such dire straights! :)

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Thank you!

Yes she is still on totw. We switched her from the prairie to the pacific stream formula when she first started having issues, as my vet said she's been seeing lamb allergies. I have suggested raw to my parents and they seem interested but I'll have to do more research on it myself. I don't know much about it. Thank you so much for the insight, because we're completely lost! She has not been tested for environmental allergies, but I will bring it up tomorrow at the vet.

wishbone

Poor pup but looks so happy for the moments probably with you, hoping for her faster recovery.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Thanks guys! Got back from the vet a few minutes ago. Looks like a loooooooong road ahead. Hoping to do some allergy tests, for now she's on another dose of pred. He said she hasnt had enough to worry about anything yet, and it's making her feel better, but it's only a band aid. He wants to keep her in the totw for a few more weeks before we rule it out. It's all just frustrating ahhhhggg. At least she'll feel better for the time being.

Members online

No members online now.