I do NOT need another dog (keep repeating)

Renee750il said:
This calls for a two pronged attack, Avenlee:

1) Take hubby to look at puppies "so I won't get weak and bring one home."

2) Cry quietly when you get in the car to leave without a puppy. If you get all the way home without one, immediately go to your dog and bury your head in his neck. Sniffle for the rest of the night. Stay up late ("can't sleep for some reason").

Now, granted, I've never had to resort to this, as I tend to go ahead and do what I'm going to do, being a great believer in the concept that it's easier to get forgiveness than permission (along with the idea that some things I don't need permission for, lol, but that's another thread) but I've watched some REAL experts pull it off to great effect :D

LOL LOL LOL

Funny thing is....it works most of the time!!

avenlee

LOL Renne! Somehow I don't even think that would work. When I brought home Nora, I told him that someone from work had her and couldn't keep her and that she'd go to a shelter and I felt sooo bad I had to keep until they found a home. He fell for it! Then after a week he agreed we can keep her. lol Then about 6 months later, he found the purchase papers :eek: Oh well, he was way to attched to get mad at me. :)

Members online