The Venting Thread

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Is it just me or does it really tell a lot about a person when this is by far their most commonly posted thread?

My vent is my mosquito bites itch and I can't rid my mouth of last nights garlic even after three brushings.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
The situation in question started because the guy was giving "advice" on how to check out women. He was describing his body language and position, and people were like "Uh, that pretty much makes you look like you're checking out her boobs." His response: "I do look at her boobs and when she notices me looking I just smile. If she didn't want me to look she wouldn't be wearing that." Somebody else separately made a comment about people wearing "suggestive clothing" and another person was like "Don't assume anything about people's clothing except they like what they are wearing." So I +1d and said "Yeah some of these comments are kinda creepy." The second guy kinda backed off, but the first guy chimed back in and that was when he stated "Low cut tops are an invitation to look."
After I said HELL NO THEY ARE NOT he said "Well I'm going to look anyway no matter if she wants it or not."
Skeezebucket.

And like I said, made even worse by the fact that this guy was in another thread going on and on about how he's a VERY STRONG CHRISTIAN and he's LIVING HIS LIFE BY THE COMMANDS OF GOD. He got on me about not currently attending a church because GOD COMMANDS WE GO TO CHURCH AND PRAISE WITH OTHER CHRISTIANS.

I'm pretty sure God doesn't want you being a lecherous douche either bro.

Obviously men have a penis and they're going to look. But you can look, just don't gawk. And if you get CAUGHT looking don't be proud of yourself and pat yourself on the back because that means you weren't "just looking." That puts you in the "gawking" circle.
Just. Gross.

You know what's decent? Treating other people with respect. Not gawking or putting them up on a public website for mockery.
But aren't you being "indecent" to this guy who was suck an sleaze ball? I don't condone his actions by I kind of understand them ... If you wear something outlandish or revealing ... Expect people to take notice.

FWIW I have never snapped a picture of anybody or posted it on Facebook or POW. Please do not insinuate that I do. Judging is part of human character, we all do it, don't try to play high & mighty & pretend you don't.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I got a mosquito bite over my Achilles tendon and it's really annoying :(
*cringes* oh yeah ESP when you have to wear socks or shoes.

My vent: my boss is an asshole that has officially turned a fun job (working the live races here at the horse track) into a not fun one anymore.

Also fiancée has been sick (sore throat, cough, chills congestion) & now my throat is getting side now too ... great. :(

Hillside

Original Twin
Dear 50some year old guy. I don't want to go out with you. You're old enough to be my dad. 18 years difference is a little much and does matter. Completely different generations and thought processes. Leave me alone.

*Henry Rollins and Billy Idol are completely exempt from this rule.

But aren't you being "indecent" to this guy who was suck an sleaze ball? I don't condone his actions by I kind of understand them ... If you wear something outlandish or revealing ... Expect people to take notice.

FWIW I have never snapped a picture of anybody or posted it on Facebook or POW. Please do not insinuate that I do. Judging is part of human character, we all do it, don't try to play high & mighty & pretend you don't.

Ahhh, the whole "tolerate my intolerance"

No, we arent all proud of judging. If I make a snap judgment I work really hard to make myself realize that I am doing it. Its a fault and not a good characteristic to have so MOST people actually work on curbing it.

I am not proud of it, but it is part of my character & I will not hide or pretend that I don't do it. I just don't like being judged for Doug something that everyone else's does!
Its not about hiding it, its about being mature and empathetic enough to not make decisions based on judgements and to work on NOT making them. Its about when you do find yourself judging, trying to look at the other side, realizing you may not have all the facts or the whole picture, etc. I make them way less now then I used to because I work on it.

Now, I am still an extremely opinionated person and definitely have strong feelings on issues...but I work really hard not to pigeon hole people based on those and without a doubt I know there are very few, if any, black and whites in this world, its all shades of grey.

And yeah, I could give a flying flip about what someone else is wearing, looking like, etc. Certain outfits I may give a second look to but thats it. I would never say oh well I can be a rude asshat and stare because they are "asking for it"

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I do think that if you dress in an unusual or attention getting way it shouldn't come as a shock if you get some looks as a result. I think it's disrespectful to say something to the person or openly mock them though-that's just douchy. We are visual creatures though and visual creatures look at stuff....

I have a friend who has even less fashion sense than I do (and that's an accomplishment), and I've gotten used to how she dresses and don't even notice it anymore. DH went with us somewhere recently and afterward was like, "So what was up with her outfit"... Some people just notice that stuff, but he would never have said that TO her though.

The right of freedom of speech does most definitely include the right be say assholeish things to people though, it's not just respectful debate and contructve criticism that is protected-lol.

Romy

Taxiderpy
The lady working at the gas station near my house is being held hostage at gunpoint by her freaky creeper ex, there are snipers crawling all over the place, and I hope she gets out of it alive. It's been several hours now. If you guys have chazvibes to spare for her, please do. She's a really sweet lady and deserves to live. :(

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
The lady working at the gas station near my house is being held hostage at gunpoint by her freaky creeper ex, there are snipers crawling all over the place, and I hope she gets out of it alive. It's been several hours now. If you guys have chazvibes to spare for her, please do. She's a really sweet lady and deserves to live. :(
*vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes vibes*

I don't know why bad things happen to nice people :(

Grab

Is it just me or does it really tell a lot about a person when this is by far their most commonly posted thread?

My vent is my mosquito bites itch and I can't rid my mouth of last nights garlic even after three brushings.
I do not miss the mosquitoes of IL. I'm moderately allergic, or something, and always get massive, itchy spots. God help me if we ever move to a mosquito laden state.

Grab

How horrible! I hope it ends peacefully and safely

Red Chrome

I do think that if you dress in an unusual or attention getting way it shouldn't come as a shock if you get some looks as a result. I think it's disrespectful to say something to the person or openly mock them though-that's just douchy. We are visual creatures though and visual creatures look at stuff....

I have a friend who has even less fashion sense than I do (and that's an accomplishment), and I've gotten used to how she dresses and don't even notice it anymore. DH went with us somewhere recently and afterward was like, "So what was up with her outfit"... Some people just notice that stuff, but he would never have said that TO her though.

The right of freedom of speech does most definitely include the right be say assholeish things to people though, it's not just respectful debate and contructve criticism that is protected-lol.
^This.

And...I have no fashion sense, I rely on my little sister fior help in that department when I want to make an effort to look nice, otherwise, it's whatever is clean in the laundry pile. Colors be damned. I just don't care what others think about the way I dress. I make sure I am comfortable in it and other than that, who the **** cares.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
You know, just... no. Dealing with stupidity. I do it enough at work during the week. Not doing it in my free time either.

My vent is that the ignore feature doesn't also block when people are quoted.

Members online

No members online now.