Job Vibes, please peoples!

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
I found the PERFECT job. Working at a good pet food store. Full time hours. Part of their requirements are that you own animals/love animals.

I sent my resume in in reply to their ad, but am also going to take a paper resume in face to face later today (and since they love Pip, I may take her with me, lol). It'd be perfect!

I'm really trying not to get my hopes up TO high but gah!

So yeah, please can I have some vibes that they'll at least call me back for an interview?! Ideally I wouldn't have to go back to the call center that's making me sick at all.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Pet food stores always seem like great jobs! Much good luck, Shay!!

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
This place would be great. I'm just hoping that by the time I get in today to drop off in person they haven't hired someone else, because I know that a lot of people are going to be applying for this, cause everyone loves animals, right? So just hoping that they'll see how much I really do love them, how much knowledge I have, and that I'll have the step up of being someone who does a lot of training/dog sports, etc..

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Make sure you have a lot on your resume about your skills and such, not relating to animals. We get so many applications that gush over how much they LOVE animals, and say nothing about anything else like their customer service skills, etc. and they usually just end up getting pushed to the side.

Your day is going to be spent dealing with people, not animals, so that information is more likely to get you in the door :)

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Make sure you have a lot on your resume about your skills and such, not relating to animals. We get so many applications that gush over how much they LOVE animals, and say nothing about anything else like their customer service skills, etc. and they usually just end up getting pushed to the side.

Your day is going to be spent dealing with people, not animals, so that information is more likely to get you in the door :)
My resume is primarily my customer service experience/retail experience/technical skills. I do, however, have two mentions of the volunteer work I do on it, and those are both animal related things. So my worry is that my resume won't have enough animal related stuff on it! But I am going to go in and talk to them. Most of my retail experience is with horse/animal products anyway, so that might help.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Just went in and dropped it off in person, and the store manager was there but didnt even really take time to look or ask me any questions. She asked me if I had any, but thats all.

Sigh, I really would like to get this job.

Members online

No members online now.