Help Just Removed A Tick

I just pulled an unengorged American Dog Tick off of my dog. I put some neosporin on the spot. She has never had a tick before, I have never even seen one...
Anyway, it looks like I got the whole thing...but for the past couple of days she has not been 100%, not very hungry, (it has been really hot, I thought it was that). Anyway, I really loooked her over and don't see any more, how do I know if she was bitten by another one? Or do I just take her to the vet tomorrow? How will they know?
The tick is in the freezer double bagged, so I can take it to the vet.
MBG

Julie

I am back again.
This is a very bad year for ticks where I live. I had a running total of how many I have killed, but I lost track..... It must be well over 50 by now.
I hate them uggh.

Anyway, good luck! And I bet everything will be just fine.

How do you know when to take them to the vet for a tick? I guess I should chill it was only one...and it was not engorged. Just the first time I had ever seen one (no joke). I live in So Cali, in a city (tract home) but we are moving to the country (Texas), guess this is just a foreshadowing.
MBG

Julie

I am back again.
I have never taken my dogs to the vet for a tick before.
But thats not saying I never will. I just watch for anything "off" with the dogs... appetite, energy, etc. It really only takes one tick to spread diseases, so just go with your gut feeling. :)

Members online

No members online now.