I think Squirt is a hero

This morning my daughter was waiting for the bus at the end of our driveway. since it is cold this morning, I was in the family room looking out the window. Beat up old station wagon pulled up next to her, and this man rolled down the window and started talking to her. I was not alarmed, could have been asking for directions or so mething. Then, he opens his door and gets out to walk around the front of the car. Erika started co ming to the house, and he sped up. She started running, I opened the door and let out Squirt. Erika came into the house, and Squirt chased him right back to his car. She just seemed to know what to do. Guy got in his car and took off, and of course no license plate numbers. Squirt is a pussy cat, but can be pretty fierce looking if someone is threatened. Called the police, and this is the second time there has been an incidence with a beat up blue station wagon. I am awfully glad my daughter bought her home this summer without my perm ission, and that we let her keep her anyway. What a dog!

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
I don't know... I think it was kinda dangerous to let her lose like that...why didn't you run outside? I think I would have done that and let him know a little something!

Good for your daughter to turn around and run to your house!

Yeah, that was a scary situation. You've trained your daughter well! Not to talk or approach strangers. And jules, she prolly opened the door so her daughter could come in and she could get out but squirt was the first one out. good thing squirt was there. =)

Exactly. Plus in the heat of the moment, I am embarrassed to say, that was the only thing I could think to do. Sure I wish I had gone out there and chased h im down, then kicked his ass and everything else. But at the moment, just wnted my daughter in the house with me safe. There was no holding Squirt back. I also feel bad, that maybe if I could have caught him, he coujldn't go on to do whatever else he is going to do. :confused:

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
I'd say all went well and that's the most important thing :)
I hope the police find that creep- that is really bad!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
High-fives all around! Your daughter especially for knowing to come back to the house and for Squirt for chasing the guy back to the car, but not taking off after him.

I would have let all 3 dogs here after him just on his behavior alone, while I got a gun.

Not that I would have shot him, but how far would you be willing to go to protect a child.

squirtsmom

Thank you all! Now a day later, I wish I had had the presence of mind to do so mething else, but at the time I was scared and just wanted my kid in the house with me. Letting Squirt go was the only thing I could t hink to do. Anyway, when I opened the door for Erika, she just k ind of shot out. Now I wish I had gone after him, or done something. Police are on the alert, but so far today nothing has happened that they know of. Today, I drove her to school myself. Probably will for awhile.

Dreeza

wow, scary! Good girl squirt!!!!!

dont beat yourself up too much for not doing more...you wouldnt want to risk anything happening to your family (including squirt)..who knows how crazy the guy is.

We have police officers with guns for a reason....you did your job perfectly...now it is their turn to do their job!!

Members online

No members online now.