Anyone heard of Dr. Yin?

Sweet72947

Squishy face
I stumbled across this website while browsing another forum: AskDrYin.com

It seems really interesting. I have looked around it a bit, but there's a bunch of stuff I'll have to read later. Dr. Yin is a vet and a behaviorialist. She has some great articles about using science (not dominance) to train a dog, and a bunch of great videos. I just watched one about counter-conditioning a dog to accept nail trimming, and I'm impressed! Off to read more... :)

ETA: A warning to Firefox users, the videos are in Quicktime format, which tends to crash Firefox browsers, so open them in IE!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
She's quite well-respected! She has some neat info on kitten kindergarten in addition to dog stuff. :)

elegy

overdogged
yep! as well as providing good info for pet owners (i have her book How to Behave So Your Dog Behaves), she's done a lot for less-stressful handling of animals in a veterinary environment.

Tazwell

I have her book that elegy mentioned, J picked it out at Borders one day. I really enjoyed reading it, there was a lot of good information in there and it was quite easy to read :)

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Thanks for the input. I can't believe I hadn't heard of her until recently. I am definitely going to look into that book you guys mentioned!

Members online