So sad

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I took the dogs to the park and all over the area we usually walk off leash there were fences and construction signs put up. WTF? When did this happen?

Now I have no place to walk the dogs off leash around my house. :( I'll have to drive them out to my dad's place, which is about a 20 minute drive to let them play on his acreage. But no more park 1 mile away.

I'm bummed.

yoko

I know how you feel. Tulsa is plagued with those cursed orange cones too. I don't even know how to get the the main park in Tulsa any more because I don't know the city well enough to find my way there with the detour.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
It has the whole (nearly) field and surrounding area fenced off with signs saying that's the edge of where they're going to clear it. My guess is another building will be put up. There's a rec center there so maybe something like that. Not fair. Poor Mia and Summer LOVE that park and they much prefer walking off leash. Guess they'll have to get used to walking on a leash on the paved trails.

SaraB

We just found out that the field across the street from our house will suffer the same fate. It doesn't go under construction until the fall, but I'm still super sad about it.

It sucks! I currently rent in a big apartment complex because it had a nice big park area. That area is now all torn up, getting ready for 2 new buildings. :(

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I'm so glad the places we walk, they don't have a choice to build on. It's just not allowed. Thankfully.

It sucks! I currently rent in a big apartment complex because it had a nice big park area. That area is now all torn up, getting ready for 2 new buildings. :(
totally off topic, I just noticed you live in Northern Ontario. I think you're the first person I "know" that actually lives there :lol-sign:

totally off topic, I just noticed you live in Northern Ontario. I think you're the first person I "know" that actually lives there :lol-sign:
Lol! I'm in Sudbury, so it could be worse, but there's not too much that goes on around here. Hence my having to travel all over the province for training and trialing. :)

Members online