Dog Karate/Self-defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tempura tantrum

Shiba Inu Slave
I have more reservations about the intelligence or suitability of an owner who sees aggression in a pit as a joke, than that of someone who was honestly asking about "dog karate," as inane as such an institution sounds...

At least that person would want an honest answer, and would perhaps benefit from the advice of members who take time out to advise.

I don't understand how you can simultaneously laugh at people who took the post seriously (I meet more and more stupid people on the internet daily...), and then get offended and pissed off when people point out that your idea of a "joke" isn't all that funny.

You said yourself it was a joke, but then you get angry at anyone who isn't posting pertinent information. Can't have it both ways, sweetheart. ;)

Those of us actively involved in dog-aggressive breeds loathe attitudes this cavalier about aggression. It's the misinformed, silly owners that get the rest of us in trouble. We don't feel like having our breeds legislated against (anymore than they already are), so excuse us if we take such a post seriously, and then get annoyed when it turns out that the whole thing is a load of BS from someone who is entertained far too easily by pissing other people off.

BTW, it doesn't bother me one little bit that this post upsets me- I'm very passionate about the welfare of a much misaligned breed. If passion is something to be embarrassed about, well then,that's news to me. But I'm much more impressed with the people on this board that exude a similar passion, rather than getting their kicks by angering other people. Maybe you have something you feel strongly about, maybe you don't. But guaranteed, when you find that thing, you'll do anything in your power to see that its good name isn't besmirched.

Color me unimpressed. We need more owners like Mojo out there- those that take the breed seriously.

Finally, if you're really interested in things that people consider "funny" in general, may I suggest looking into Dane Cook? :D Fabulous comedian. You won't be disappointed.:)

Last edited:
ok let's clear things up... i was joking about the "Dog Karate" and self-defense part. that's where i was screwing around and got a few posters (namely Julie and AllyKat) heated. i know the whole pitbull and dogfighting thing is a sensitive issue, but i really didn't think a dog performing karate was going to be taken seriously.

however, i was serious when i wanted to learn more about dog-aggressive behavior in dogs, and why they act the way they do. i was honestly curious to why my dog was submissive- i later learned it's normal for puppy behavior. thank you to the posters who successfully answered my question. :cool:

edit: page 5 ;)

adobostreak said:
ok let's clear things up... i was joking about the "Dog Karate" and self-defense part. that's where i was screwing around and got a few posters (namely Julie and AllyKat) heated. i know the whole pitbull and dogfighting thing is a sensitive issue, but i really didn't think a dog performing karate was going to be taken seriously.

however, i was serious when i wanted to learn more about dog-aggressive behavior in dogs, and why they act the way they do. i was honestly curious to why my dog was submissive- i later learned it's normal for puppy behavior. thank you to the posters who successfully answered my question. :cool:

edit: page 5 ;)
Now go lay down!

tempura tantrum

Shiba Inu Slave
Silly me about the typo-

Studying for finals in microbiology, microlab, physiology, phys. lab, organic chemistry, and calculus, as well as training upwards of 70 miles a week for a division one cross country team, researching a thesis, and volunteering at the humane society means that I can get a little tired and careless when I type a response late at night.

You have my most sincere apologies. I should really learn to be more careful when I proof a response.

As for the vaguely bitter sounding sarcasm- it's duly noted, but it behooves no one to be so rude when you're trying to be helpful (I'm sure after all, that was your real intention in pointing out my mistake). Such instruction usually goes down a bit better when said in a way that's more helpful, and less sarcastic and rude. I don't know if you've ever heard the saying "you catch more flies with honey," but it's true. People are more receptive to advice or instruction when it's said in a positive manner, or at least in a manner not intended to make the person who made said mistake, feel stupid. (After all, it was an honest, if silly blunder). Just something to think about!

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Last edited:

tempura tantrum

Shiba Inu Slave
Sigh... I don't even know why I bothered.

Good to see that people have roughly the emotional intelligence and humility of blueberry muffins.

And people wonder why I'm studying to be a DVM instead of an MD.

I think I've probably wasted my time on here just like everyone else. Time to stop feeding the trolls.

Good luck to your little pittie, I have a feeling she's going to need it.

For future reference, it would be wise to do some real research on a breed before you take the plunge. People who don't understand dog aggression or behavior generally make poor candidates for pitbull owners. I'd pick up a few books and get learning before your dog becomes another statistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.