Dog Show

MizRight

mightymitedoggear said:
Yep. It is CONSTANT work. In fact, I'm not going to my agiltiy class tonight because Penny is up for a 4 point major this weekend under Ed Bivin (cross your fingers for us?) and she has some dandur in her coat right now from having been in oil. I want to bath her again so that I can spend tomorrow night packing for the trip down to PA!
Good luck MightyMite!!! Wow, being new to the dog show world, it never occurred to me how much work it is to show a Yorkie. I love Yorkies, never thought about how much work it must take to keep them so beautiful! Let us know how things work out with Penny!

SouthernPit

For PIT's SAKE!!!!
My husband is very into showing a few of our dogs. All of our dogs have been to "training school" and my husband works with them alot. We do have a few dogs that we do not show due to an over bite.......

RD

Are you dead yet?
Nope, just a workin' dog here. See?

Really, though, I considered showing Dakota, he has ideal structure, his rear is a bit on the large side but it's not severe, and it doesn't hinder his movement in any way. But, considering I won't be breeding him (his temperament is not absolutely correct for the breed - was a bit disappointing, because I had such high hopes for him.) I see no reason to spend my time/money on that.. He hates stacking, on top of it, so I'm comfortable with my decision not to put him in shows. I have a feeling he'll like agility much better.

You know there are a number of great topics running through this thread. Maybe we could ask the admin to split it up a bit? ;)

Nyyti

Shownews!

Me and Samba were in dog show last saturday, and Samba got her 2nd CC and she was allso Best Of Sex! I'm so pround of my liitle girl!!

Picture is not from the show, but this was only photo i could found..

showpug

Nyyti said:
Shownews!

Me and Samba were in dog show last saturday, and Samba got her 2nd CC and she was allso Best Of Sex! I'm so pround of my liitle girl!!

Picture is not from the show, but this was only photo i could found..
Awesome...way to go!!! Congrats!! You must be so proud. She is very beautiful. :)

we show our GSD's have now for 6 years, a very addicting sport!
Our First Show Girl, Minka has given us 6 Canadaian Champions
she was # 5 Futurity Bitch in Canada 2003

this is Dion our dark sable male at a specialty in Ottawa Ontario, gaiting his way to Winner's Male 2005/July for a 5 point major

we have a litter due end of November outa him and are very excited about this new litter coming

skyhigh

Im going to start with Maddy(GSD pup). ATM im gonna her handled tho. When i have the time to learn ill show her. The nearest show handling trianing sessions are ages away...

Viz

From Poland...
My first dog show is probably in Katowice/Poland.
I was eralier in many dog shows of course, but in Katowice I will be with my dog, longahaired dachshund ;)
It will our debut ;)
I can do some photos if You want ;)

Members online

No members online now.