For us nexbies

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Is there somewhere we can find how this web started, where you are located generally in the world? The history of Chaz? :) I would like to know. I have grown very fond of the people here. I personally want to thank you for all your good work. You have become a positive part of my day.

Thanks much Smkie.
You are awesome too! All I do is keep the place running and all the techy stuff. A community is nothing without great people to make it all work. Thank you for being a member :)

Chazhound

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Chaz would be very proud of you. Give dear jake a good scratchen from me. Thank you Thank you for your fine site! I share this with my family, my mother, grandaughter, son, and daughter. I am able to show them that good people do exist and that their lives are rich and full. We all benefit from the forum and the gallery.
i think that is a magically wonderful thing to be able to do.

Saje

Island dweller
How nicely said Chaz. And don't be shy! You must have pics of the original chazhound somewhere. We want to see more! :)

Ok, you don't have to.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I just looked for them and couldn't find. So I politely ask if they are here anywhere?

I don't have very many good pics of chaz at all. Most were destroyed in a move. One reason I have the gallery is so peeps can always have a place to store a dog pic just in case one should ever need to retrieve it.

But I will dig up what I can find one day, I have been meaning too...
Chazhound
P.s. - Ok, Jake got a scratching :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
if you can that would be nice, i dont' want to cause any work on my part. My negative and picture box would scare anyone. It is huge. We had a fire three years ago and I have a fireman to thank for saving my memories. He went into the smoky burning house and cover up my computer and flat file with plastic, he came out with my artwork in his arms. HE shoved out a box containing roughs and half done pieces as well. We had 7 firetrucks there and the fire was burning up and over, he saved my artwork from water damage and the falling roof and insulation. It was a mess when it was all over. My dogs let me know before the smoke alarm even went off. I am sorry you lost stuff in the move. That is sad and bad. If you ever do, run across, a pic of your friend...let me see it and I will do a drawing of him for you. That will be my tribute to him and my Bronki.

Wow! You are lucky your dog was around to alert you. That is a kind offer. I will have to find my old kodak pic box now and crank up the scanner :)

Chazhound

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Anytime, anytime at all.
Ever since the fire Mary is very nervous about smoke..like when i or my son accidently burn something. She whines and trie to climb up in your lap... I almost lost her that night. I threw upon the door and grabbed the phone and the hose for what good that did. The neighbors were already outside for the flames shot straight up many feet. Mary was caught by them and I put both dogs in the car, backed the car up from the house and then got the hose again until the fire department came.. They watched the house burn from the front seat, and me from the yard. It took 20 minutes from start to finish. I now call her the smoke detector! The firemen even threw out the parakeet's cage and a neighbor grabbed it and took it to their garage. We were very lucky for no one was harmed. I had no idea if the cats got out or not until the next day. They did and were fine but Eddie my son's cat has not accepted any of our moves. He lived 12 years there. It was a very little house but oh do I miss the yard.

ps I could draw Jake if you would prefer, or both in one pic. Your choice. I am trying to work up the courage to do a memorial of Bronki. I just don't know if i can do this yet or not. I never did a really good study of his head and always wanted to.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
This is the last time I will pry because of my 'satiable curiousity (sp?) I like knowing that these great people are all over the world, and I didn't see where you are from..maybe I missed it. If I am being to nosy i apologize.

Members online