The dog musing/vent thread

Melle

If it's a faulty product, can you contact the seller and ask for a free replacement or refund? A leather leash should last a long time.
Nope, after I took her out for the night my parents wanted to show me something in another room, but by their decree she's not allowed anywhere in the house but the center hall, second floor, and my room, and my dad doesn't let her free-roam - but he would have yelled at me if I left her upstairs and she barked from her crate because it was late at night.

So I put the handle over the main door knob, ran to see what they wanted, there was a clap of unexpected thunder, and she nipped through the braid - I'm assuming she thought someone was coming in the door, it was a pretty powerful boom.

Except I got the "I told you it would get chewed" from them despite the fact my dad told me to tether her :mad:

noludoru

Bored Now.
Nope, after I took her out for the night my parents wanted to show me something in another room, but by their decree she's not allowed anywhere in the house but the center hall, second floor, and my room, and my dad doesn't let her free-roam - but he would have yelled at me if I left her upstairs and she barked from her crate because it was late at night.

So I put the handle over the main door knob, ran to see what they wanted, there was a clap of unexpected thunder, and she nipped through the braid - I'm assuming she thought someone was coming in the door, it was a pretty powerful boom.

Except I got the "I told you it would get chewed" from them despite the fact my dad told me to tether her :mad:
She nipped it off in one bite? :eek: Those are some scary teefs.

I'm moving next month and have all of my crap packed in a storage unit. . . if you want, when I get unpacked, I can send you a leash. :)

Melle

She nipped it off in one bite? :eek: Those are some scary teefs.

I'm moving next month and have all of my crap packed in a storage unit. . . if you want, when I get unpacked, I can send you a leash. :)
:O Oh my gosh, that'd be so generous of you! :) If it's not any trouble for you, I'd really really appreciate it.

I've been told no more money is going to accessories because of the school district's mistake giving us a tuition invoice in the last week of the year.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Mia screamed in my ear last night and actually made me go deaf a few seconds. She had a tick on her chest that I felt when I was rubbing her tummy and so I pulled it off and apparently it hurt really bad. She bled like crazy and I felt mean. :/

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Mia screamed in my ear last night and actually made me go deaf a few seconds. She had a tick on her chest that I felt when I was rubbing her tummy and so I pulled it off and apparently it hurt really bad. She bled like crazy and I felt mean. :/
I am lucky that although my dogs are out in the boonies, we don't see a lot of ticks, but when I do have to pick them off, my dogs are troopers and just "sit and take it" when I have to pull them off. Still I hate doing it because I know it must hurt.

DJEtzel

Just ordered 6 new discs + a disc bag from Hero, and combined with a friend for 6 discs for her, saving us both a ton of money! I'm so happy. My dogs will be happier.

xpaeanx

There is just so much. Idk if I can even properly voice it all.
Took Keeda to the vet after work... On my way to put air in my flat tire, get gas, & fill her Rx. Also, been up since 3am for work.

I have a few PMs, I will answer them later as I have to clear some room and be able to think clearly to do so.

/sigh.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
There is just so much. Idk if I can even properly voice it all.
Took Keeda to the vet after work... On my way to put air in my flat tire, get gas, & fill her Rx. Also, been up since 3am for work.

I have a few PMs, I will answer them later as I have to clear some room and be able to think clearly to do so.

/sigh.
How is she? Was it a broken toe?

noludoru

Bored Now.
:O Oh my gosh, that'd be so generous of you! :) If it's not any trouble for you, I'd really really appreciate it.

I've been told no more money is going to accessories because of the school district's mistake giving us a tuition invoice in the last week of the year.
Not really. I'll be unpacking in late July/early August. Send me a PM with your address so it's fresh in my mind, and I'll send you one. It'll be an EL rope lead for sure, that's all I have. I have a grungy one that I could give you right now if you absolutely need something, but it's baaaaad.

xpaeanx

How is she? Was it a broken toe?
Nothing broken on the x-ray, so they said it's an infection.

But they don't take my credit card so I asked them to put half the amount on my debit card and I would go get another card. They put the whole thing on my card... Then went oops and refunded it then put on half. So my ENTIRE account is now no longer avail. I had things I NEEDED to buy... So now those are on my credit card(balance is now maxed), my account is frozen, I had to borrow money from someone who doesn't agree with vets and I already owe money from the diabetes. I asked them if they could write me Rx off the Walmart $4 list so the amount I had to ask for was $60 less. They gave me $80 Meds instead, they are now closed... I have no money and no Meds.

And they randomly decided to do a glucose draw for the diabetes even though she got her insulin 3 hours before so it doesn't really tell much AND he knows I check at home. And they charge $20 to use the same meter I own.

Oh... And my tire sidewall has a 3 inch crack... But these tires have over 50k on them so I really need to replace ALL of them.
The past few months just seem to hate me.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Nothing broken on the x-ray, so they said it's an infection.

But they don't take my credit card so I asked them to put half the amount on my debit card and I would go get another card. They put the whole thing on my card... Then went oops and refunded it then put on half. So my ENTIRE account is now no longer avail. I had things I NEEDED to buy... So now those are on my credit card(balance is now maxed), my account is frozen, I had to borrow money from someone who doesn't agree with vets and I already owe money from the diabetes. I asked them if they could write me Rx off the Walmart $4 list so the amount I had to ask for was $60 less. They gave me $80 Meds instead, they are now closed... I have no money and no Meds.

And they randomly decided to do a glucose draw for the diabetes even though she got her insulin 3 hours before so it doesn't really tell much AND he knows I check at home. And they charge $20 to use the same meter I own.

Oh... And my tire sidewall has a 3 inch crack... But these tires have over 50k on them so I really need to replace ALL of them.
The past few months just seem to hate me.
Ugh, I'm so sorry :( You're luck needs to turn around.

xpaeanx

Ugh, I'm so sorry :( You're luck needs to turn around.
It's not my luck. It's my life. My parents both split when I was born. I was dumped on people who didn't want me...so they would drop me off with my mom who would then dump me again, keep circling, add in physically abusive boyfriends for a few of my "caretakers" and naturally a few of my own and you have my life. And while my Grandpa takes pity on me, it only extends so far.

I graduate next year and I can't run away fast enough.

Melle

Not really. I'll be unpacking in late July/early August. Send me a PM with your address so it's fresh in my mind, and I'll send you one. It'll be an EL rope lead for sure, that's all I have. I have a grungy one that I could give you right now if you absolutely need something, but it's baaaaad.
I can clean off the volunteer lead until then, and I'll shoot you that PM.

Thank you soooo much! :D

katielou

Slave to the Aussie
I've had fig for 2 weeks now and I can say there are things I love about Aussies and things I love about borders and I hope I am never without either!

Why is my dog such low energy? She sleeps all day, and when I go to exercise her she gets tired within twenty minutes then begs to go home. As soon as she gets home, she curls up and sleeps. The only person she likes playing with is my dad... Oh well :rolleyes:

SpringerLover

It's not my luck. It's my life. My parents both split when I was born. I was dumped on people who didn't want me...so they would drop me off with my mom who would then dump me again, keep circling, add in physically abusive boyfriends for a few of my "caretakers" and naturally a few of my own and you have my life. And while my Grandpa takes pity on me, it only extends so far.

I graduate next year and I can't run away fast enough.
:(

Let me know if there's anything I can do!

Slick

Kristina
I am SO proud of Leo. He has really been maturing lately, and has been getting so many compliments on what a well behaved dog he is. But today took the cake.

I took him to the dog park in the morning, and he was 100% on all of his recalls, even from really really far away, and while playing with another dog. This is fairly unusual still for him. He just recently went through a "Lalalala I can't hear you" stage.

Then, this afternoon, I was STUPID. I decided to let him off leash on an unfenced field kinda close to a busy street (30mph but lots of cars). That in itself is stupid enough, but even worse: I did not spot the lady walking her dog right by the busy street and did not notice that Leo was completely fixated on said dog when I unsnapped his leash. I absentmindedly released him, and he ROCKETED towards the dog/busy street. Horrified, I yelled "Leo! No! Here!". He was already quite a ways away and running full sprint...and my lovely Leo turned on a dime and came right back.

So thankful and so proud of my boy! And certainly not doing that again!

I am SO proud of Leo. He has really been maturing lately, and has been getting so many compliments on what a well behaved dog he is. But today took the cake.

I took him to the dog park in the morning, and he was 100% on all of his recalls, even from really really far away, and while playing with another dog. This is fairly unusual still for him. He just recently went through a "Lalalala I can't hear you" stage.

Then, this afternoon, I was STUPID. I decided to let him off leash on an unfenced field kinda close to a busy street (30mph but lots of cars). That in itself is stupid enough, but even worse: I did not spot the lady walking her dog right by the busy street and did not notice that Leo was completely fixated on said dog when I unsnapped his leash. I absentmindedly released him, and he ROCKETED towards the dog/busy street. Horrified, I yelled "Leo! No! Here!". He was already quite a ways away and running full sprint...and my lovely Leo turned on a dime and came right back.

So thankful and so proud of my boy! And certainly not doing that again!
Yay! That's awesome! :D

xpaeanx

Good news... My friend is calling in a $4 script for Keeda.

My transport had a mirror taken out so I'm stuck in NYC until it gets fixed... But that should delay me getting back enough to miss my 2nd shift... Which means I can pick her script up sooner. It sucks bc I loose hours(which means money) though. /sigh.

Members online