Chulita is gone

Doberluv

I haven't been on Chaz too much lately...life's been crazy. But I pop in from time to time. I don't think I posted before, but I lost little Chulita Chihuahua at almost 14 years of age due to congestive heart failure. It was back in Feb I think...I've kind of lost track. But it was a very sad time. She was a dear, sweet little darling who was in my life for so long. She was maintained for a while with meds but after about a year of being on them, they no longer were effective and I had to say good bye...I still miss her so much. She was one special, unique little dog...She was so very attentive and always perky, cheerful and a real joy to live with. She could be so silly and had a real sense of humor...a very noticeable one. We did so many things together over the years and I am glad to have those memories of happy times. She was a Chaz dog for a very long time so I thought I'd better post something.

Chuli on the left, the little mocha colored dog and Jose` on the right. He misses her too I think. He really isn't into these Poodles and she was always his close, close friend. They were raised together. This is on a hike when we were in Idaho.

Chuli and Lyric. They were buddies too. Now I've lost them both.

Well, it was painful but now, after a few months have passed, I'm pretty much accepting of it. Really, I think I was already back then because I knew it was coming and she had a pretty long life. But still....I do wish she were still here. :(

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Oh no, I'm so sorry. =< Run free Chulita. I bet she's hanging with her buddy Lyric now.

Doberluv

Thank you. I know I haven't been very regular on here. But I thought I'd let you know. I sure do appreciate your sentiments and sympathy. It's always so hard to lose our pets, isn't it. But that sharp pain part sort of dissipates a little bit as time goes on.

Thanks again. :)

Doberluv

Thank you all. As long as I have a memory (sometimes I wonder about that lol) I think those happy times remembered are what saves us when this happens. I'm okay now...I miss her very much, but it was her time...she was having a bad time at the very end. I appreciate your kindness, especially when I haven't been on here regularly...just too much going on these days. Ahhhhhh!:eek:

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm so sorry to hear about Chulita. Know that she will forever me in your heart and memories.

Doberluv

Thank you guys. She is for sure running free. It's just so hard on us, isn't it. But it is a comfort to know she's not having that trouble breathing. Her little belly got so it was filling with fluid and she looked very fat. That backing up of the fluid finally was too much for her even with the diuretics and so forth. So, she is not suffering at all now.

The memories and my many photos of her during happier, healthier times is a comfort. She really was very healthy all the way up until that last year or so. For a byb dog, she never had a thing wrong with her...she had luxating patellas, but I never knew it until very recently. lol. The doctor felt one slip a little when he held her. But she never had it go out on her, never noticed it. She also lost her eye sight the last year or so in one eye. But otherwise, she and I lucked out as far as health, over all and her temperament. She had a lovely temperament...everyone loved her and she loved everyone...very friendly and socialable. I do miss her.

Thanks so much for your condolences.

Taqroy

Oh Dober I'm so sorry. Chuli was such a sweet girl and I loved hearing stories about her. 14 years is a long time but it never seems long enough. <3

Doberluv

Thank you Taqroy. I know...14 years is a pretty long life. But I do wish we would have had a few more years together. Thanks for your kind post.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I am sorry too. (((((HUGS))))) They live such short lives, the older we get, it doesn't make it any easier to say goodbye does it.

Members online

No members online now.