2 faced kitten

moe

seen this before, personally I think it would be better PTS, I think its going to struggle to survive on a daily basis.

Mo

milo

Labrador lover!!!!!
yer i agree bles him/her prob in pain as well i hate that!! :( :mad: i would take it out of his/her pain and let him/her go to a better place!! :(

Athe

Deformities happen often in our domesticated animals. If they happen in the wild (which mother natures tries to deter, inbreeding does not happen often in nature) the baby animal would be left to die. When developing a dwarf or smaller cat the breeders will probably see more deformities in the future. To create a purebred you must inbreed, to create a specific size or dwarfism you are dealing with mutant genes. It's no wonder this happened. I have seen mutant genes pop up in Manx cats as well, I have heard people refer to these mutant cats as Cabot's (part cat part rabbit, can you imagine the silly ideas people get :rolleyes: ). The back legs are longer in a Manx and they have a bob tail, when they become mutant they can get exceptionally big haunches and back legs and hop around as if they were bunnies. Poor things.
I agree that this 2 faced kitten should be PTS.
You would think the Vets with their 50 years of experience would have realized these kittens are deformed. Somewhat like twins (siamese twins) when 2 embroy's fuse together.

gapeach

Big Mutts
You would think it would make the person want to quit breeding but of course not :mad: She'll more than likely breed the same two together again and have some other kind of deformity. It's just very sad. I have seen one of those deformed Manx's on the news here along time ago, the news actually said it was half rabbit and half cat!

Athe

I have seen one of those deformed Manx's on the news here along time ago, the news actually said it was half rabbit and half cat!
gapeach, Wow, that's terrible. This is how false information is spread around by the media. A Cat and a Rabbit cannot breed or reproduce, a male cat has spurs on the end of it's penis which stimulates the female cat to ovulate...plus, both these animals are from different species. It burns me how the media and other people can spread such horrid rumors.
A lady in my area actually made a lot of money off selling supposed Cabot's (part cat/rabbit). She knew they were deformed Manx kittens,but, found out she could make a big profit off human stupidity :D

gapeach, you are right that this breeder will not stop breeding. She will continue trying to breed for these miniature cats and she will have a lot more deformities in the future. Very sad :(

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
I agree i cannot see her stopping breeding any time soon and more sickley cats will be on the way.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
That is truely remarkable! I've never seen anything like it! I agree she should quit breeding from the mutant parents! And surely PTS is the only humane option!!

nedim

Athe said:
gapeach, Wow, that's terrible. This is how false information is spread around by the media. A Cat and a Rabbit cannot breed or reproduce, a male cat has spurs on the end of it's penis which stimulates the female cat to ovulate...plus, both these animals are from different species. It burns me how the media and other people can spread such horrid rumors.
A lady in my area actually made a lot of money off selling supposed Cabot's (part cat/rabbit). She knew they were deformed Manx kittens,but, found out she could make a big profit off human stupidity :D

gapeach, you are right that this breeder will not stop breeding. She will continue trying to breed for these miniature cats and she will have a lot more deformities in the future. Very sad :(

These two prefer to think otherwise..lol

Athe

nedim, cute :) LOL
Yeah, rabbits can be friendly little guys! lol I had my rabbits when I was younger try to breed my arm and my dogs! My rabbits got along well with all my other dogs & cats.

They can have all the fun they want, and its safe sex as a cat & rabbit cannot reproduce.

nedim

I thinked I typed in rabbit cat cross or something, and I came up with this.

bubbatd

I agree about the breeding bit....but if this poor baby isn't suffering I don't think she should be PTS....things do happen . BUT....I would hate to have the breeder reap anything from this and I hope she has many, many vet bills to make the cat's life better -- her greed to breed mini cats should be a lesson, you don't fool with Mother Nature.

Members online