Nessie

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
MRose's thread got me into my favorite thing again. Nessie I may be stupid or just a typical writer in the mind but I DO beleive in Nessie. im jsut open to it i guess. Thinking of it I get chills and feel intimidated. I like this article.
http://www.envasion.net/2003/nessie.html
I like this one too I don't really mind if everyone else thinks its dumb gives me something different and interesting to read about.
http://www.dinotruth.com/article13.html

Last edited:
I might be considered stupid too Pits because I'm with you on this, I think Nessie is real. Maybe it's more I want Nessie to be real. I've watched shows about her and the attempt to track her. The waters are very muddy. I believe there can be something that is very large living in the waters.
This may sound stupid but I always root for Nessie to not be found. If they find her and figure out what she is then there is no more mystry. It's the mystey of her that makes it so fun to believe she is real. Plus if they ever find one alive all they'd do is capture it and run test and keep her on display somewhere, charge money for people to come see her and make big bucks on her. I'd rather they leave her alone, let those who enjoy believing she's real believe, and those who dont, oh well.

Irish

I agree Becca, its fun to believe in something that is not easily explained.

bubbatd

I think Nessie's real too. I met a lady from Scotland 50 years ago that saw her. She must have been in her 60s then so that would have been at least 100 years ago. She and her family were picnicing and threw a ham bone into the water....Nessie's head came up and grabbed it !

nicco

Wolfpack
Wow!Wierd huh?I believe in Nessie too...but if she exists and being a big creature that she is what does she it?Is there enough food in the water to feed her?Well...But I do believe in her!
Kiss Kiss
NIcco

I'm with you guys. And it would be a much poorer world were she to be identified - let alone captured! Perhaps Nessie is a pet of the Sidhe and has a lair under the Hollow Hills.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Well I think the seas are far too deep to completely rule out a Nessie existance! I am willing to keep an open mind! :D

mrose_s

BusterLove
i belive in Nessie too. The lake is just too huge and deep to search, why does everyone have to be so skeptical :)

mrose_s

BusterLove
becca_4321 said:
This may sound stupid but I always root for Nessie to not be found.
that doesnt sound stupid at all. :)

i remember that when i was younger my teacher was saying that perhaps the asteriod that wiped out the dinosaurs missed Loch Ness, isn't there big hills and mountains around the lake, maybe sheilding it? because if so, then there are more than one, :)
or maybe more than one species as sightings descriptions vary.

I'm sure their are more than one. I just dont want her/them to be found. Not if it'd mean them trying to catch it to decide what it really is. I dont care what she is, in my mind it's just Nessie. And Nessie isnt out trying to hurt anyone, people arent disappearing off boats to be eatten by it so I say leave Nessie alone. If ever they find what Nessie is then it's try to find how Nessie and the family have survived, how many are there....
The lake is hugh and very muddy. She could find places to hide. I dont know, doesnt it open into the ocean? Have a canal that goes from the ocean to the lake?

nedim

I believe in the possible existance of nessie,too. I did research for weeks on the topic, and came up with interesting stories. Did you know that noone believed in the existance of apes before? Explorers described them as huge, hairy man-like animals but the people believed no word of it. Also, a fisherman caught a fish called a colelacanth (sp?)believed to be extinct for hundreds of thousands of years. I believe it happened somewhat recently. Did anyone notice that nessie looks like a dinosaur? There is a chance that these dinosaurs could have survived in the loch.

Members online