You WHAT?!

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
I'm probably the odd man out here, but I enjoy Tosca more now than I did when she was a puppy. I also think she wasn't all that cute when I first got her, maybe because her ears were planked down or something. But as time goes on, she gets cuter to me and I feel a much greater bond with her. Plus, no cleanup work!

Sunnierhawk0

Feelin' Froggy? Jump!
There is def. no way to describe it. Its just something you have to smell for yourself.

At first I thought it really stank up a storm, but you come to appreciate it. Long live the puppy breath!

I'm probably the odd man out here, but I enjoy Tosca more now than I did when she was a puppy.
No, you're not :) I enjoy the dogs more as they become adults. The relationship is so much deeper and more fulfilling. It's difficult to describe - words aren't adequate - but a true friendship develops and trust and understanding and a "you and me against the world" bond is there that isn't possible when they are babies.

I hadn't had a puppy in years until Bimmer came to me. I'd adopted adult dogs and thought I would always be doing it that way. Even now, if it weren't for the fact that I won't bring an adult dog that would outweigh Bimmer 2:1 in and jeopardize him, I'd be adopting adult Filas.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
but a true friendship develops and trust and understanding and a "you and me against the world" bond is there that isn't possible when they are babies
Yes! That's it exactly! It's like we really know one another now, can anticipate each other, kind of work together better as a "we".

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
No, you're not :) I enjoy the dogs more as they become adults. The relationship is so much deeper and more fulfilling. It's difficult to describe - words aren't adequate - but a true friendship develops and trust and understanding and a "you and me against the world" bond is there that isn't possible when they are babies.
I completely agree. I love having puppies, don't get me wrong, but the relationship you build with a dog in time is indescribable- my dogs as puppies were enjoyable, I loved them dearly and I was so excited to have them, but the relationship only gets stronger, through the months and years you experience so many things with them and get to know them in and out. Every day to me with my dogs is just as enjoyable and wonderful- even more- than the excitement when I first met them and got to call them "mine."

Sometimes when I'm picking up poop, I think about how lucky I am. That I have dogs to pick poop up after. Makes me feel like a million dollars. :D

Barb04

Super Moderator
Momof2Pups, I love when you said "Sometimes when I'm picking up poop, I think about how lucky I am. That I have dogs to pick poop up after. Makes me feel like a million dollars."

We are all lucky to have them in our lives.

Members online

No members online now.