RE:Amish Puppy Mills

Carolina

I was wondering if anyone really knows what the Amish do ??They have the largest and most filthy puppy mills there are.Everyone thinks there so wonderful,there not.They have class A pups and class B pups,class A puppies go to pet stores,class B are sond to research.They also shot them when there done breeding.Or thrown out,so other dogs kill them tear them apart.Do a search on this and try to help.People should know what the Amish really do,
Carolina

pitbulliest

Not only do they have pet mills, but they also have a history of abusing and neglecting their horses...so yeah, definately a good point to be brought up..what makes it worse is that if abuse is happening in the city..there is still a chance that someone will see or hear something and report it..but when you have innocent animals in the middle of nowhere on a farm..who's there to care?

Very very scary and sad :( definately a problem

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
How much do you think a dog can understand when he hears these dogs..Victor just ran around with his hacks up..and was obviously distraught so i turned it off. it all breaks my heart.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Things like this are awful, and seeing the photos breaks my heart. It's so large-scale it seems so unlikely that it will ever end.

smkie-I believe our dogs can understand what these dogs are saying. I was watching a shelter documentary awhile back and the howls of all the shelter dogs drove Duke nuts. He was just standing there howling right back at them.

Such a sad situation. :(

Agility, do you ever think before you hit that post button? Stop and think next time and ask yourself if you are adding anything intelligent to the discussion or if you are just throwing out bigotted commentary that serves no purpose.

No, the treatment of animals by SOME members of the Amish community can't be defended and shouldn't be; quite the contrary, it's reprehensible, but that doesn't make the kind of comments you posted valid or acceptable.

You're better than this!

Agility, basically all of your posts I've seen are rude. What is your problem??

Mills are just very, very sad. :(

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
I agree with renne and gaddy Agility you need to think before you act or post.

Puppy mills are sick though and these ones are especially disturbing. But like Renee in the past I have met a Amish family while i was on vacation years ago when i was kid. They were good people and actually took care of their animals. But I have seen the extremly skinny horses and starved hounds at other homes as well on that trip so it goes either way.

Agility23

Anything i post is a proven fact!

Christinas have massacered mass billions of people so how does that make them not scum?

BagelDog

Not crazy...
Yeah, its more just regular people that abuse and neglect animals and have puppy mills, not mostly amish.

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
So does Agility know how to not be a rotten person? Sure may not hurt animals but has NO issue with hurting people. Go away and bother someone else who feels like listening to your garble okay? As for the amish, saying they all abuse animals is like saying all black people are in gangs, all hispanic people live in huts, all german people are nazis and all pitbulls are dangerous! Those statements could apply to maybe a small percentage of the groups but certainly not the whole or even half of any! Yes, there are bad people, EVERYWHERE. Just because they are amish doesn't make them Christian. And just because some are christians doesn't make all Christians animal abusers. People have killed in the name of "christianity" but it was wrong. People have killed in the name of paganism, liberty,justice, Muslim, and so many other supposed "good" things but that doesn't mean because I believe in liberty I agree with their cause. I resent your nasty comments about Christians because I will stand on a rooftop and shout what I believe. I adore my dog, I adore my foster children, my husband, my country and my family. I wouldn't hurt any of those things. I don't abuse animals, I don't believe in fighting. What kind of idget comes on a board that is about diversity and love for animals and causes a problem?! I REALLY HATE people making generalizations about amish. I am friends with amish, and mennonites and all sorts of people and I will tell you they care very much about their animals. It isn't animal worship or anything, nothing extreme but certainly you don't expect their animals to live better then they do? They live without electricity, phones and modern convieniences, most of their food is homegrown. You somehow expect them to put their animals in an air conditioned barn when they themselves have no a/c or to feed their animals food that they themselves can't afford or wouldn't buy? How rediculous. You should all be ashamed for playing into this sterotyping. There are abusers everywhere. EVERYWHERE, look next door, down the street, a few neighborhoods down. Don't judge what you yourself cannot understand.

Agility---

Yes, go find another board where you can dump all your trash.

Obviously you don't really use your noodle much. I am a Christian, yet I'm not an animal abuser. Just because someone is religious doesn't make them cruel :rolleyes:. Infact, my dogs are spoiled rotten. They're apart of the family, the babies.

As for the Amish--I have been through Amish country. The animals I have seen seem well-taken care of. The people I have met are kind. Just because you may not understand these people and may not agree with how they live doesn't make them stupid or cruel. I absolutely HATE racism. We're all equal, no matter our religion or culture.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
agility..you have hit a nerve with me..i worked city market for years. One summer a little amish girl became my friend..she was about 10 years old and wished to learn painting. After oking with her parents we spent each Sat morning together and i taught her brush technique while i ran my booth. I never met in my life a sweeter more generous and considerate child. I have the rock she painting me and it is one of my treasures. I abhorr blanket statements about any race, or culture. you cannot say that because some of one people do something that all of those people do. It shows that you either have not experienced much in this world, or you have chosen to remain clueless. There are good in all people, there are evil in all people, that is a fact and if you wish..after 30 college hours of art history, and 9 of world history i can back that statement up. That was insulting the amish people..of which many i have personally met are good, kind, and hard working. They deserve respect for trying to keep the family life together in a world of divorce..and a way of life that encourages just that. That little girl was something special and so were her parents. They did not have dogs in cages..they grew farm produce and baked goods to sell. They were not bible bashers..and they were not scum.

EliNHunter

Agility23 said:
Anything i post is a proven fact!

Christinas have massacered mass billions of people so how does that make them not scum?
Agility, what are Christinas? I have not heard of Christinas and how they've massacred billions of people?

Members online

No members online now.