My Rat, Henry.

roughcollies

Collie lover
This is Henry. He is my albino rat. I've only had him for a short amount of time, so we are still getting to know each other. But, he's a sweetie and so far his favorite thing in the world are honey seed sticks.

Hope the pic works.

roughcollies

Collie lover
Thanks, I think so, too. He and Faith get along so well. He hasn't met my shepherd yet. She's in California and we haven't moved everyone and everything yet. I am worried that she will have issues with him. She has a decent prey drive.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Awww how cute. Makes my miss my own rats - I used to breed when I was still in school.

They are such intelligent little animals. You should try clicker training him. :)

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Aww what a cutie! Looks like my Nemo. :D

And just to be redundant, yes, definitely get him a friend if you can :)

roughcollies

Collie lover
I want to get him a friend, but I want a female and I can't get one until I find a vet that will neuter him. I would love to get another after that, but how do they do with other rats after being apart for a while?

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
They usually do pretty okay. You have to introduce them slowly though, at first they might fight but as long as you don't push them too fast, they usually start getting along eventually.

If you want to get him neutered, make sure to find a reallyyyy good vet, it can be a pretty risky surgery on something so small if the vet isn't experienced. :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i have posted this on other threads, but i will again here. This is the best source i know for rat information..she might know a vet in your area that is experienced in rodent neutering. www.spoiledratten.com

Members online

No members online now.