The Lilispuckannah adventures of 2011

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
LOL that's lilivati, sparks, puck and hannah adventures lol

Lilivati was close by on vacation so we decided to get together yesterday and check out the Philly zoo. I've never been there before and neither has lil and since it was going to be such a nice day we figured that was a good plan.

The zoo was great. the animals were out and really active since it was only about 55 degrees. whenever I go to the zoo it's always hot and the animals just lay around and do nothing ... or hide LOL. but yesterday they were frisky lol. I said that it seemed like some of the animals were even posing for pictures lol

Hannah had her grumpy moments (usually because she didn't want to wear her coat... that's always a fight lol) but she did really well. She really enjoyed the animals but by the end of the day she was beat. When we dropped Lil off at the train station Hannah started crying saying she wanted the blue one back LOL. Lil wore a blue coat that day so I guess she is now known as "the blue one" LOL

So without further ado... zoo pics

They had a little train ride there and Hannah loves trains so we had to go for a ride

I like this picture

Then they had the little kiddie section of the zoo with chickens and cows and other barn animals

and a little pool where you could feed the ducks

You can see "the blue one" in the background lol

These pics aren't all in order... I used two different cameras lol don't ask why

here are the cheetahs. don't they look like they are posing for me lol

beautiful

Little red panda

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney

this peacock was jsut out walking around. out for a stroll I guess lol. which reminds me of another funny story... while we were eating I ran out to go get Hannah's milk that we forgot at the counter. When I went out this pea hen goes running by down the middle of the walkway... soon after here comes the peacock running after her lol. It was the peacock parade

Lions and tigers and BEARS Oh my

The Rhino. He was posing too. he came right over to the side we were standing on and started standing on the rocks and rubbing his horn on them and posing. This was not the first animal that came right over to where we were lol... more stories on that later

The sea otters. this was our second attempt at seeing them. the first time we went to see them I suddenly realized that hannah was bleeding all over the place lol. she fell a few minutes earlier but seemed fine. gave her a chocolate treat and we were on our way to the otters. once we got there I looked down and she had blood on her stroller, all over her shirt, on her face. it seemed like it was everywhere lol. She had this tiny 2mm sized cut on the heel of her hand and that sucker just wouldn't STOP bleeding. so we took her to first aid to get her a bandaid (mostly just to get it to stop bleeding all over everything lol she wasn't bothered by it at all it seemed) when the first aid guy gave her the bandaid she said "Thank you very much for my boo boo bandaid" LOL silly girl

was hard to get good pictures since the glass was all spotted with water and fogged up a bit but these little guys were so funny. there were 7 of them and they were having a grand ol time

They were using this area as a slide which Hannah thought was hilarious lol... other than the pygmy marmosets I think these guys were all of our favorite lol

Then the Canadian Lynx was next. A male and female and they were so beautiful and the male was patrolling his area and they were walking right up to the glass. it was awesome. beautiful animals

Last edited:

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney

Beautiful bald eagle

The tigers. Again they were very active and walking right up to the glass. They had a little note up that the female was being treated for a bit of a limp.

The snow leopard

I think this was the Amur leopard but I'm not certain... there were two that looked very similar and I can't remember which one this was lol

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
The lions... not very active but they were all resting REALLY close up

He was just finishing a yawn... I MISSED the yawn DOH

This guy was so funny. he was in full strut showing off his stuff... and the ladies could NOT have been less interested lol

You can see the peahen he is trying to impress here... as you can see he's not doing a very good job lol Lil kept joking that the peahen was saying "WAlter... why do you always do that when we have company... put that thing away" LOL

This photo was perhaps the funniest and sweetest part of our trip. the little pygmy marmoset. They were... ADORABLE. so tiny they could fit in the palm of your hand... and very curious. They were just enamored with this little pink wand Hannah had. They came right down from their perches in the trees and right up to the glass. It was so funny

that's it for pictures. Then we went out for dinner which was... interesting lol. There was some big college st patricks day bash going on and they were EVERYWHERE. Lil dubbed them Drunkus Stpatrickus. we are going to do a national geographic special on them lol and learn how to trap them with green beer LOL. seriously they were everywhere. it was crazy lol

So we had a great visit and lots of fun at the zoo. can't wait to see what next years adventure will be lol... the year before this one we did the natural history museum :)

Oh yeah and then we got home and changed hannah to get ready for bed... this is what she chose to wear to bed

You got some great shots there :) Hannah's a trip, lol. She could make any day a special occasion.

Lil, you're going to have to change "Arbitrary and Capricious" to "The Blue One" :D

Members online

No members online now.