is my bubba a sissy?

Bubba Love

Wubba Wuv!
he doesn't hike his leg when he urinates, he just squats like a lady... he's 2 1/2 now and i have seen him hike his leg maybe twice in his life, he was neutered at around a year old, could that be why he doesn't? let me know

skyhigh

Different dogs prefer different things. I know a female dog who lifts her leg. A female :eek: My BC just stands there while doing his stuff. Ahem. LOL

Debi

my male shepherd has never lifted his leg...he'll be 2 in Dec. he also has never 'marked territory'. it's soooo funny...my hubby kept wondering when he was gonna 'act like a male'. seems he's too lazy! hehe my dog was neutered at 7 months old...he'd never lifted his leg prior to that, either. I've heard that lots of male dogs don't, so I guess our boys aren't that big of sissies. :)

Meggie

Debi said:
my male shepherd has never lifted his leg...he'll be 2 in Dec. he also has never 'marked territory'. it's soooo funny...my hubby kept wondering when he was gonna 'act like a male'. seems he's too lazy! hehe my dog was neutered at 7 months old...he'd never lifted his leg prior to that, either. I've heard that lots of male dogs don't, so I guess our boys aren't that big of sissies. :)
LOL! My husband said the same thing about Quincy, I told him to get right out there and show him how it's done.

skyhigh

We got Spenc neatured at about 6 months. He lifted his leg mayb eonce before that. Now only very rarely he lifts it.

Fran27

I think most males that were neutered before a year won't lift their leg. Boris doesn't either, but I prefer personally... Nothing like a dog that can't aim and repaints your shoes.

poodlesmom

Farley was about 2 yo before he started consistently lifting his leg. He was neutered at 6 months. He now lifts all the time. I don't think neutering has anything to do with it. I have known male dogs who just don't lift their leg.

filarotten

Fila the love
Brutus just walks then stands and pees. He turned 5 mos yesterday so I guess he will when he is ready. Maggie however is the only female dog I have ever had that lifts her leg to pee. My dogs are confused.

EliNHunter

Hunter was neutered as an adult and only lifts his leg when he's marking. Otherwise, he stretches out like a horse and pees, LOL.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
I have male dogs who hike their leg when ever they "go" but I also have males that they squat when they just need to urinate and hike their leg when they are marking their territory.

MyDogsLoveMe

My pets love me they do
EliNHunter said:
Hunter was neutered as an adult and only lifts his leg when he's marking. Otherwise, he stretches out like a horse and pees, LOL.
lol Eli, my boxere did the same thing. If he wasnt marking his territory he would just stand there and pee,

Members online

No members online now.